The MZ 909 Masterizer (The I don't know what it does one)

Uh, little help guys? What exactly is the Submarine MZ 909 Masterizer?

The manual advises us of it’s features: The MZ-909 Masterizer features a 16-channel polyphonic input, Hi-Fidelity output and active on/on switch. Offering sub-millisecond latency we believe it is the best in class available for VCV Rack.

I’m thinking that it does some kind of masterizing but can’t tell what it actually does. lol

I like how you can switch it from ‘On’ to ‘More On’ Though. Just doesn’t shine any more light onto how it’s meant to be used. haha

mo

Yes, I am with you. I am inclined to think it might be a joke, but then maybe it does something useful… :thinking:

1 Like

Have you checked the source code? :wink:

1 Like

I think he implemented my suggestion. This was originally a very expensive piece of rack gear. Then Bomb Factory made a plugin version for pro tools. And, yes, it is a joke.

1 Like

Not everyone understands C++ but it’s definitely just passing the input to the output

void process(const ProcessArgs &args) override {
		unsigned int poly = inputs[INPUT_1].getChannels();
		outputs[OUTPUT_1].setChannels(poly);
		for (unsigned int i = 0; i < poly; i++) {
			outputs[OUTPUT_1].setVoltage(inputs[INPUT_1].getPolyVoltage(i), i);	
		}
	}
1 Like

In reality it is a neural triple-blockchain-coupled AI-Optimizimaxirizer with built-in support for NFT-creation and -distribution through cryptographic cable-colour-depending smarter contracts.

Oh, and it adds latency.

5 Likes

But it does not alias :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Who knows? There is no MinBLEP in the code! And not using SIMD is so outdated…

Edit: Now that we are talking about that. Could there be a module just for Anti-Aliasing a previous module, which has none? I would suggest a name for that module, but I am sure you already now the name…

2 Likes

oh oh oh

I found a video tutorial that explains the workings. missing the hardware clone tag ^.^ haha

5 Likes

The original was a rack case with jacks and wire. The selling point was the when the record company person wants to help out with the mix you let them operate their mastererizer.

2 Likes

Some people have suggested it does nothing. Clearly that’s not true.

When you turn it more on, it works twice as hard, you can see that from the light.

If was doing nothing, well you can’t do that twice as hard can you?

What more proof could anyone want?

12 Likes
2 Likes

my favorite topic of the day haha love it. although one day I hope to see the “Even On’er” option added.

It’s like if you have it on ten, then you press the button, and it’s eleven, yeah?

2 Likes

Behind the face plate is a pair of copper foil-clad boards going straight back. They provide RF shielding between modules on either side of it. It gives a much cleaner sound when you’re using a lot of modules in a patch.

I don’t appreciate it calling me a MorOn though. That’s not called for. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Technically, it’s a 1-sample-delay.

By adding a slight touch of crosstalk between adjacent channels, this module could provide an insteresting signature sound.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

This very versatile module can do whatever you think its doing. Technically you could categorize these effects as so-called “Placebo FX”.

2 Likes

@stoermelder Dirt does crosstalk, but it is a bit TOO dirty - if you did what I tried, using 3 of them with Mindmeld Mixmaster, it adds white noise at -40dB which is clearly audible when nothing else is playing.

1 Like

I’m in complete agreement but 2*0 is definitely somewhere around 0.

1 Like

If you accept that “2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2”, then I don’t see why you can’t have 2 x 0 > 0 for sufficiently large values of 0.

It helps to think of “0” as the quantum superposition of many values of zero. Very much like my debit card balance.

4 Likes