The Application Is Completely Unresponsive

The problem:

After installation, upon running the program, my computer loads for a second and then nothing happens. No windows appear. No error messages. It is as if I hadn’t started the program at all.

I’ve seen some people having a similar issue, but my case seems to be different in a couple of ways. First, this is my first time installing this software so I have never had it working in the past. Second, I’ve tried what fixed it for those people and the problem remained exactly the same.

What I’ve tried:

• ~ Uninstalling and Reinstalling
  • ~ Restarting my Computer
  • ~ Installing Previous Versions (I have tried every version I can get my hands on.)

Every time, the issue still persists. No matter what I do, I can’t get this program to do anything. I want to be clear: There is no crash. There are no errors. It’s as if I am running blank code. Absolutely nothing happens.

I am at a loss for what to do.

Technical Information:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350
  • GPU: NVidia GTX 970
  • Audio: Realtek HD Audio (integrated)
  • VCVRack Version 1.1.6 (other versions attempted as well)
  • All drivers up to date.

Also, VCVRack is not generating a “Log.txt” file. Furthermore, it is not showing up in Task Manager at any point.

https://vcvrack.com/manual/Issues

Ok. I’ll report it as a bug if it isn’t reported already.

But I am still hoping someone here can help me fix it on my own. I want to get this software working.

Can you give some more information ? What os are you running on ? Computer specs ?

Also if you could provide the Log.txt file from the Rack folder, someone might be able to understand what’s wrong :slight_smile:

Try to make sure all your Drivers are up to date too, that’s a common problem

Wow, usually I remember that sort of thing. Thank you. I’ll update the post to include all of the information that I forgot. Sorry about that.

Hi, do you have an antivirus (or antimalware) installed that works in real time? In this case, you could put in the list of excluded folders:

C: \ Program Files \ VCV and C: \ Users \ Xxxxxxxxx \ Documents \ Rack

2 Likes