Test Patches for Reaper

Hi Folks, Supernewb here. Wondering if someone could send me a test patch for VCV Rack for Reaper. (VST Keeps crashing-brand new mac) I am using an Arturia Keystep as a midi keyboard.

Thanks and happy holidays everyone!

Thinking back to your crash, it might just be a VCV Rack bug, which version do you use? Many complain that the vst crashes. I stick to version 2.0.2 and it works flawlessly, there are some graphics bugs, but at least nothing crashes!

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood and you wanted to try the patch file created by someone else … I don’t think it solves the problem. It is not the patch that crashes, but the software. Otherwise, creating a new patch would have been enough.

I’d suggest:

1 Like

Interesting. I just bought rack 2 just two weeks ago, but kept updating it to the newest version only because it proms me to do so. Maybe go backward to a previous version. That’s a very strange move with a new computer, but ok. Thanks for your help! I will try that.

No, I would highly suggest staying on the latest v2.0.4 which contains lots of bug-fixes that you really want.

1 Like

Maybe. Maybe not. I spend a lot of time on the forum these weeks and it seems people are having more problems with 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 than before with 2.0.2. Personally I think I will only update when I no longer read “The vst crashes” For me this version works well.

Then taking a test costs nothing, the guy can go back to the previous versions and if he doesn’t solve anything he goes back to the latest version.

Got it. Thanks so much!