Syncing Battalion VST in Host to a Clock module?

Just got the Battalion Drum machine VST. Tried running it in Host but I cannot find a way to sync it to a clock signal in Rack 2. Im assuming that Battalion follows the master tempo of your traditional DAW, but I’m not sure if there’s a way for the VST to get that tempo information from a square wave CV signal in VCV? Any ideas?

I wonder, did you click on a blank label on Host. There are a number of clock inputs available there, you may have to choose 24ppqn like most DAWS output and feed it a multiplied clock. It is worth a shot if you haven’t already done this step. Good luck, not everything works as expected in rack.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Transport clock is available there. It’s synced now. Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Yep, what cubistguitar says. Let us know how you get on, I was thinking of buying it too! I’ll probably trial it for 30 days through the Plugin Alliance site.

1 Like

Update: got this in demo mode, and I quite like it. However, it does seem to have a high CPU usage, and bombed rack a few times. I’m not a fan of most of the presets, but the sounds are excellent and it seems very easy to use. Beats are a weak area for me, so this could be a good option.