Switched On Rack Vol. 3 sign-up sheet

Still waiting on album artwork.

1 Like

here is a possible cover :wink:

1 Like

and here is another possible cover:

so what you’re still waiting for :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, I should have explained the details. @sempervirent volunteered for this so I’m waiting on him. The mockup he gave me earlier was extremely good, but he has been swamped with Grayscale and 1979 work. However, I believe it is worth the wait, especially considering that we will attempt to launch this album on several streaming services like Spotify, Pandora, and Apple Music, along with Bandcamp and Youtube. Mastering was completed a few months ago.

You may use the sign-up sheet to submit your tracks to possibly be accepted for Vol 5. What happened to Vol 4? It will be a themed album with a separate sign-up sheet, and I will not announce the theme until Vol 3 is released.

Switched On Rack Vol. 3 is out now.

Sign-up sheet for future volumes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FUi3cekjhm_WmEocb7KXg_qdnIYosZIyQyr1i_Q6EK4/edit

4 Likes

Vol. 3 sounds fantastic!

What happens to the tracks that did not get picked for Vol. 3? Are those still being considered for future releases (Vol. 5+) or can we pull them and release elsewhere (Soundcloud, etc.)?

Christoph

1 Like

We have the statement

By submitting a track, you are granting the irrevocable right for it to be released in a Switched On Rack album.

just in case we’ve already sent the tracks off for mastering and passed the “point of no return”, but since we’re far from releasing Vol. 4, I’ve marked your track as “don’t release” in the sign-up sheet. You can release your track exclusively now, and we won’t publish it in a future Switched On Rack volume.

Ah, I see. I didn’t know if the tracks still on the list would still be under consideration for a future release. I have some new tracks in the works for Vol. 4 and Vol. 5 so removing the current track is OK.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is Switched on Rack still a thing? There hasn’t been much discussion in almost a year and there is only one new track on the spreadsheet.

The form is still open. At a good time in the future, I’ll start advertising it on social media.

2 Likes

I’m just doing a bit of necromancy here, as I noticed vol.4 was mentioned in the spreadsheet and there are a few submissions. I’m sure y’all have some quality music in your folders