SVG makefile is offset

Hello, i could use your help!

I am trying to make my own plugin for VCV Rack, i’ve followed all the steps and I am able to create my Module with the makefile based on the SVG. The makefile detect that I have all the parameters that I wanted but when I open my plugin in VCV Rack the components are offset.

I tried to create the module with the SVG template by VCV Rack and it worked fine. I don’t understand why mine isn’t working even tho I followed the panel guide Inkscape dimensions MyModule vcvrackplugin

Any help would be really kind!:slight_smile:

Can you post a link to the actual files? It’s really hard to figure anything out without the actual source code :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you using the right scaling for the document in Inkscape? You mentioned that the template works fine, which I’d assume has the right formatting.

I had some confusion with malplaced inputs, because I didn’t use the right scaling in Inkscape, cause I created an SVG from the the ground up. So now I just always start with the template, to avoid messing stuff up.

In Inkscape go to File>Document Properties. Check the format and display units. Compare it to the template. If it doesn’t match the template, try match it to the templates settings.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response! I did it without changing the dimension of the template SVG and it did work!

Thank you for taking the time it really helped me out! I am curious why the other format didn’t work but i’ll look for a fix another time! Thanks again!

Have a nice day!!

1 Like