Surge XT

Hi Paul, about Quad LFO (ALPHA), I don’t know the output #4:

Perhaps it’s normal ? (not already implemented). I understand it’s ALPHA at the moment. :wink:

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

There’s your answer :slight_smile:

Anyway things have moved on somewhat since you last downloaded the nightly:

But it’s still very much Alpha. Feedback and bug reports are very welcome once the Alpha tag is removed but before then it’s probably just a case of “it’s a work in progress - not finished yet”.

Do download the new nightly though as the waveform menus are now in - it’s gonna be a cool module this one.

4 Likes

Cool, I’ll try newer Nightly (actually e2d52f4, version I already have).

Thanks Steve!

1 Like

Also lets talk about 2.1 in the 2.1 thread please!

1 Like

It’s a specific 2.1 thread?

Oh… I’m sorry!

Thanks Paul

no worries!

1 Like

Bookmarked!

I’d like to second this, I just love the Surge layout and a scope would be a great addition to the collection.

And a spectrum analyser, and a and a and a… :slight_smile:

1 Like

funnily we just added a scope to the surge vst (another member of the team did the work while i was over here in rack land) and I thought “all that’s useful now i can get a scope there like i do in rack”.

I really doubt I will write a scope in surge - scopes are tricky for all the reasons we know involving trigger, sync, timing, scaling, etc… but we are an open contribution project and if someone wants to do all that innards work to do the hard work of “set of inputs and parameters to current path”, the UI and style stuff is all super re-usable and happy to guide a person through that dev work to add it.

1 Like

I might take you up on that if no one else does, won’t be for a while though.

1 Like

looking at fundemtnal scope it really may not be that hard to at least do that level of scoping.

the one thing i would want is 4 inputs rather than 2. Because feature creep. LOL.

but if you do decide to, you know where to reach me. Happy to walk you through how I would approach it.

4 Likes

Please, please!

1 Like

I have a question. Is there any way to download the old surge modules? Some of my old patches had them and now I can’t reconstruct these patches in a way they supposed to sound. It’s like a modular Jenga

They are still in the library as hidden modules so your old patches should load.

They won’t show up in the module browser by default. If you want them to you can edit the plugin.json to remove the hidden true / deprecated true tag

3 Likes

Yeah, they should… But I changed my OS since then and reinstalled all the plugins :frowning:

*EDIT - ah! I wasn’t subscribed to the old collection in the library! I feel a bit stupid…

5 Likes

I noticed Surge XT vst includes a “tape” effect module that I don’t think is represented in VCV plug, is there a chance this could make it to VCV as well? Thanks for the awesome modules!

That’s jatins tape module which is already packaged in his chowdsp module so we skipped it in rack (same reason we skipped nimbus/clouds)

1 Like

The submarine scopes are pretty good, imao.

Sparrows are closer to t rex evolutionarily than T. rex are to stegosaurus also. But I think you might have replied to the wrong message! :slight_smile:

Oh I see it’s the silly reply semantics. You were responding to the scope message from 4 months ago

Well still hope you are excited to learn about sparrows!

3 Likes