Suggestion: Per-module default templates

Sorry if this isn’t where Rack suggestions should go, it just seemed like the most relevant forum.

I notice a lot, in patch-from-scratch videos and in my own workflow, artists having to “initialize” modules to their own preferences every time they import them. Especially envelopes! FM-OP, Slap… For those who love snappy sounds, always having to drag the attack and sustain down gets a bit laborious.

I know about the Preset feature in the context menu, but I think it’d be awesome to be able to set per-module templates, similar to the (also awesome) patch template feature.

Also the brilliant STRIP module from stoermelder could solve this, but that’s about the same amount of effort as loading a preset.

1 Like

It’s coming in 2.0!

6 Likes

Welcome neithweave, as Aria said this will be implemented in v2. For future reference feature requests and bug reports for VCV Rack should be submitted to GitHub.

https://vcvrack.com/manual/Issues#bugs-and-features

Keep an eye on the dev blog and social media for other features:

1 Like

It’s possible now to have per module templates with MyLittleFavorites module from MyLittleTools

@VCVRackIdeas discusses how he uses it in his production template YouTube-link

3 Likes

Aha, good to hear! Thank you, Aria.

@Coirt My bad, I’ll go there in the future.

@bp.dtmr I think I remember learning about the Favorites module but at the time it wasn’t in v1 so I couldn’t really be bothered. Thanks for letting me know!