Submarine Plugins

May I ask for a “much longer” LA-208 module, means not only 8 second window? Dreaming about one or two minutes.

2 Likes
1 Like

yes, that on/on switch is nice. It sounds way better when the light is on.

I just tested masterizer. The aliasing is lower than anything I’ve ever tested, and the CPU consumption is super low also.

7 Likes

oh, @LarsBjerregaard’s name reminded me - there is also no measurable DC offset at all.

3 Likes

Version 1.1.7 of Submarine is now out.

EN-104 is a Quad envelope generator designed to complement the PO-204 for 4-op FM synthesis. It’s offers 4 fast but simplistic ADSR envelopes with a single shared trigger and gate. Also a built in linear VCA. The AR, DR, SL, RR and VCA Attenuation for each of the 4 envelopes is controllable via Knobs AND CV.

If you want to change the FM algorithm on the fly, use the new Algomorph from Delexander

If you want operators that actually sound nice, use something from @Squinky

7 Likes

Thanks for the plug! This module sounds like a good addition to the collection. I was just using your storage scope over the weekend. It showed mer a fatal flaw in what I was working on. It’s time for plan b!

Oops. Bug in the EN-104. Will fix asap.

2 Likes

Fix is building on github now. I’ll submit it to the library shortly.

2 Likes

I’m working on an ANSI-standard VU-meter

Shown in the video on the left, with a Nysthi/Pyer meter to the right.

5 Likes

nice!

Never head of an ANSI tha dare for this. Is it Luffs?

ANSI C16.5-1942 covers the reference voltages, which determine what power input results in a reading of 0 on the meter, and also the ballistic characteristics of the needle: its rise time and overshoot etc.

well, if it’s easy, put a lufs option in, too. I think lufs is just (again) a standard for “what does zero mean” and ballistics. And of course lufs is quite popular these days.

I see. Lufs looks like a very different beast. And probably more processor intensive. The mass damped spring galvanometer in a mechanical vu meter is effectively a 2 pole lpf and cheap to model with an iir using a second order difference equation.

Arguably a real vu meter is pretty meaningless in a digital system. But that’s a whole flame war I don’t want to get into.

haha, for sure. didn’t realize that lufs was a different beast.

the TZVU is not a power meter, but a voltage meter (imitates the Shinohara VU in the EMS synthis and VCS3)

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure what it was to be honest. I knew it was measuring something different. But it had vu in the name, so I tried it out.

Surely its not a vu if its measuring volts. A vu meter measures volume units.

Now that I see it in place in the ems, the scales make sense, its either 0-10 unipolar or -5-+5 bipolar.

V1.1.9 is now available. It includes the new VU meters, a set of polyphonic logic gates, and op-amp comparators.

12 Likes