Struggling with components positioning

Hello everyone, first post here and already in trouble :frowning: I’m planning to develop a module, I followed every steps in the tutorial, everything was well explained and work as expected. I’m focusing now on the panel design with Inkscape. I’ve made a new Document with required measures in mm (height: 128.5mm, width: n*5.08mm) added the components layer and when I positioning random circle (with correct colors) it works and it positioned correctly, but when I’m trying to copy/paste components from Fundamental modules or create layout composition with center and radial offset positioning is never at the right place.

Is there a trick I missed from the documentation? Sorry if it’s a duplicate question but I can’t find any topic mentioning it.

thanks for all

are you copy pasting from modules that use pixels instead of mm? that would do it.

fwiw I do everything with pixels, and I position by upper left, since that’s what my screen design program does.

Indeed! The builded svg are not in the same scale than the development version. I’ve redone everything by my own and everything work like a charm. thanks for the answer

Hi Alex,

I don’t know if this will help, but check this out. I had trouble with Inkscape too, but figured out how to set the ratio of mm to px in Inkscape, and it helped considerably:

https://inkscape.org/forums/questions/question-about-guides-and-document-scale/