Stoermelder's PackOne v1.4.0 - new module INTERMIX

I am not sure if this has already been discussed. It looks like the MIDI note toggle mode in MIDI-CAT is not working. Or am I just misunderstanding how it should work?

I was expecting that if that is turned for a control slot, each new note on message would toggle the assigned control. Say, for example, a mixer’s mute button is assigned to that, each MIDI key press would toggle the mute on and off in turn. Now it just appears to turn on the mute at the first MIDI key press and nothing happens with subsequent presses.

1 Like

This is a bug in the current release and has been fixed already for the next version.

2 Likes

Just tested with Beatstep Pro Rel 1 mode and works like a charm! @stoermelder would you consider adding polyphony to Pile, so I don’t have to create 16 instances of it? :slight_smile:

Bit of an edge case this one, but maybe there is a solution.

I have a TouchOSC template intended to be the single knob for SAIL. A simple fader works fine of course. However, I want to have three faders. One relative one the full height of the phone for fine adjustment (CC 0), one relative half height for rapid full range adjustment (eg in a performance) (CC 1), and one half height absolute fader (CC 2). All are sending feedback out.

It works, after a fashion, but there are, of course, conflicts, where moving one fader updates other faders, but not to the correct position.

Is there a conceivable way round this - eg by declaring that the Midi CC has priority (while being adjusted) and the other CCs must copy the underlying absolute value reported. SAIL is a single control solution so in this instance where more than one CC maps to the same parameter could this be intercepted in SAIL? I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Solution found (set all faders to CC0 on TouchOSC0).

Don’t think faders can be relative. Relative mode is for infinite encoders something faders lack because faders need a start and end position.

1 Like

You can definitely use an encoder with touchosc and sail (with the new MIDI-STEP). That was one of the first things I tried. Works great! For the variation in sensitivity, maybe you could map a switch to the sensitivity knob on sail. So you would have only one encoder, but 3 speeds, depending on a toggle.

1 Like

What is puzzling then is that TouchOSC offers relative for faders?

Thanks. I will have to take a look at MIDI STEP, which I haven’t done as yet.

Finally the penny dropped. Set all the faders to the same Midi channel at the TouchOSC end and all works as I would expect it to.

1 Like

nice info! thanks for the investigation

Lol :slight_smile: Not a very illuminating investigation I’m afraid - just a cognitive fail on my part :slight_smile: How did I solve it? Your TouchOSC patch, which is way more advanced than mine, in your video on SAIL contains a rotary and a slider on the same channel. The credit is all yours !

1 Like

Oh, ok! )

Sail is amazing! PackOne is an great useful collection, big thanks! today Ive opened Rack and PackOne beta disappear from the browser but still in the folder…

you have a clue what just happened?

Did you do a module update ? If you have a manually installed version of a module that is in the Library then the version in the Library will overwrite it. You need to temporarily disable it in the Library.

1 Like

Done:)

1 Like

It would be neat to have a version of VCV’s MIDI-CV module which supported 32 notes of polyphony via two sets of polyphonic V/Oct, Gate, and Vel outputs: something like the 1-16 and 17-32 inputs/outputs of CV-MAP/PAM.

Using two sets of polyphonic oscilators, filters, and envelopes, this would allow for extended playing of sounds with long decay envelopes in combination with a sustain pedal: something like a piano.

Apologies for the unsolicited idea; the combination of MIDI and 32 channels just seems to put it right up your alley.

Relatedly, I often use CV-MAP and CV-PAM together in order to map the knobs of one module to several other identical modules. This makes it easy to play a monophonic oscillator like Plaits in a polyphonic way via MIDI, keeping each duplicate module identical as I adjust the knobs of the original.

It takes some time to set up that linking across 8 modules, and sometimes requires the use of two CV-MAP modules (when the 7 duplicate modules collectively have more than 32 parameters). I imagine that this could be streamlined using a module designed something like STRIP, wherein it could read all parameters of an adjacent module and automatically link them to all duplicate modules in the strip.

Thank you for the very useful modules that you provide!

1 Like

This was the original concept for the design see: Module CV-MAP for CV-controlling any knob, slider or switch - #14 by stoermelder

1 Like

I thought about such a module a few weeks ago. I guess it will happen someday in the future but right now I can’t spend time working on new modules.

5 Likes

This might be interesting for you:

3 Likes

You horrible horrible man, every time I see you do/make something new it always looks like it was always working like that :+1::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like