stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

Exactly this!

Thanks for writing this up! I’m happy someone actually uses this new mapping-options of MIDI-CAT :smiley:

While this makes sense from perspective of an user, there is no “link” between input devices and output devices. It is just a list of devices without any relation between them.

Yes, I wanted this too while testing. I even thought I added it but it seems I didn’t…

Sounds reasonable. I think I will add something like this.

No, there is no other way at the moment, I will think about it.

That won’t be possible. The mapping indicator is not an element which receives any events, it just a square drawn on top of the parameter. Maybe an option on the context menu of the parameter would work.

This request came up some time ago. When you map a slot the settings are copied from the previous slot. You can improve your workflow right now by setting up the first slot and mapping all others afterwards.

I don’t think storing them globaly is a good idea but I thought about that too. Actually, what you are describing is the reason why MEM became an expander and I didn’t built the presets right into MIDI-CAT: You can save and load a preset of MEM (the built in preset-option of Rack) to recall your mappings without affecting anything in MIDI-CAT.

Thanks again. I can’t influence what will be added to Rack’s standard functionality, I can only suggest to create feature request on GitHub. If well written and thought through I’m sure Andrew will think about it.

1 Like

Would it be possible in MB to order the modules in addition to “Name” and “Recently updated” by “Recently used” as in recently added to the patch?

1 Like

Yep, also we can sort it in a nature way by using it in that way Also I would suggest to add Most Used sorting mode but I think it requires some additional calculations in the code

It’s on my todo list. Currently there is no way to know which modules are “most used”.

Would really love to have an option for favourited modules to be first when searching. would make it perfect for me atleast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way to see which modules were just used, e.g. in current file, or current session? As much as I’d love that “Most used” sorting, I’d be very happy with the “Recently used” already. If that’s not doable either, then so be it.

Yup I knew about backspace on an empty search but that makes this problem even worse because then I have have to backspace my whole search and hit backspace again then type the exact same thing again. And this can be slow since the modules are reloading every key.

So thank you for adding the ctrl+click :slight_smile: I appreciate what you do very much!

6 Likes

The v1 browser in MB just got two new sorting options: “Last used” and “Most used”. So, happy sorting, I guess :joy:

8 Likes

Can we find this in the next nightly build?

Hope this message is not deleted by the censors before its read!

Yes, already there.

In the one from yesterday?

No, 20 minutes ago.

1 Like

Thank you! Sorry was looking in the wrong builds

1 Like

This is so nice! Thank you!

1 Like

Just tried out the keep text thing. Works great! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Maybe a random sort in the browser would be nice like library.vcvrack.com has.

Good idea, added!

2 Likes

Hi Ben! Big thanks for getting Mb updated. I have one more suggestion - what about setting up user’s categories? Like implemented Favorites but with ability to add up to 4 with user defined names. The reasons I’m asking for that - for example I don’t always need for knobs, controllers and stuff like that only when I build some synth inside VCV so I’d go into BUILD category and etc. Of course if it’s not so hard to do :wink: Cheers EDIT: oh and one more - could you make search function around the descriptions of modules? Most of the times developers put into there a way useful info than in the names and when user want to quickly finding some tool it would be better if the search function would consider descriptions as well.

1 Like

Hi, I´ve accidentally hidden a module in MB, ist there a way to unhide it? I edited ~/.Rack/Stoermelder-PT.json and deleted the entry manually, but maybe I´ve overlooked a simpler way… Thanks :slight_smile: