stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

@stoermelder, welcome back! Excited to hear about your new endeavours, and thanks for updating the pipeline. Not to put any pressure on you, but I think saying “a few people are waiting” is an understatement :stuck_out_tongue: as PackOne, due to its awesomeness, has become revered and essential to a large chunk of Rack users! But please take all the time you need. It’ll be a happy day when it reaches the Library, whenever that is.

OT edit: Good & Evil looks raaaaaaaaather intriguing. Are you hand-soldering in the SMD parts?!

3 Likes

Hey ho! Thx for the info! And, yes of course: take all the time you need; I‘ll be very happy to download and use it, when it is ready. :slight_smile: Do you mind telling us, what kind of hardware modules you are building right now?

Cheers, dDom

1 Like

I like the 3D-printed module casing. Your design?

Oh and: Take your time, have fun building something for yourself. There is so much to discover in VCV2, that I can wait for your modules as long as you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, hand-soldering all 0603 parts :+1: Pretty fun and surprisingly relaxing after you get some practice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s great. Looking forward to hearing more about your hardware adventures.

Yes, I designed the panel myself, it is a remix of Music Things’ Vactrol Mix expander for their Turing Machine.

2 Likes

Impressive!!!

If you haven’t, check out Lightning Wave Audio on Instagram some time; he does pedals/handheld devices, not modular stuff as far as I know, but he’s done some really goofy things with SMD recently that you might get a kick out of.

I ordered a big bunch of ST Modular panel/PCB sets lately and I started soldering the first parts of Oberhausen last weekend.
I’m progressing slowly as some parts are hard to source in these times…

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Ben!

Nice… !

Have fun!

I am grateful for this update and not trying to rush Ben, who has given me lots of great tools for free, and i wonder if anyone can give me idiot-proof instructions for how to turn this link into (possibly nonfunctional) modules I can put in my V2 patches? THANKS FRIENDS

It is explained in Rack’s manual, I missed to add the link which I usually do. Pretty easy, just place the file for your platform in your plugins-folder.
VCV Manual - Installing & Running (vcvrack.com)

Edit: I notice the manual has not been updated yet, but the instructions are essentially the same, except the folder is called “Rack2” now and the file extension is “vcvplugin”.

3 Likes

Much appreciated, and thanks for all the cool tools!

Good to hear from you Ben!
Thanks for letting us know what you are up to :slight_smile:

I moved Rack-SDK-2.0.0-win.zip to my Rack2/plugins/ folder and Rack ignored it; tried changing the name to Rack-SDK-2.0.0-win.vcvplugin and got an error message: “Could not extract plugin package”. Did I get something wrong?

Sorry to derail this thread!

Unzip the zip and you should get a .vcvplugin Place that in your Rack2 plugins directory.

1 Like

I think you downloaded the SDK. The plugin downloads are at the bottom in the assets-section, named Stoermelder-P1-…

1 Like

There it is. THANK YOU for your patience!

Sorry @strangebuttrue I missed that one. Nice catch Ben.

1 Like

Thank you for the builds, I’ve missed those modules. Keep us updated about the hardware modules, would be keen to learn more. Maybe a VCV port in the future?