stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

Amazing!

That’s definitely worth the price of admission.

That is brilliant. Would be really cool if you had an editable text box on the panel so you can describe what’s inside the fold. For those of that can’t remember what we had for breakfast…

4 Likes

Yes, definitively, it’s on my to-do list.

2 Likes

Just a: it’s only been fairly recently that I’ve really incorporated your modules into my workflow and they’re all a godsend! :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve not installed these yet, but just wondering Is it possible to optionally place the STRIP folded modules in a ‘bypassed’ state so they idle and use very little cpu and then later switch them on without introducing glitching CPU spikes? If so this could be the answer to building massive performative patches that don’t need CERN levels of processor to run.

I think the interesting question is what is the Right Thing™ to do when expanding a fold is going to cause overlaps. Should the expansion just elbow everyone out of the way? Refusing to expand is an ugly choice. If one side is free, should the expansion go in that direction with the FR translating appropriately?

Being able to squish things down though is certainly useful if you can’t or don’t want to use lots of GUI real estate.

I think may be the module can push whilst expanding the other modules in the way, kind of like you can push multiple modules with the mouse while holding the comand button (on mac)

That’s what I was saying, but I’m not advocating any particular stance as some might feel this is a terrible way for the UI to behave. I think these sorts of design issues tend to devolve into heavy politicking and bike shedding. I’m just saying that any decision here should be the product of careful thought and clearly recognizable as such.

Ben , I know it’s not finished and we shouldn’t do things that we are not supposed to do … just wanted to report an issue I have experienced. after expanding RF one of my modules was pushed all the way out of the limits of the screen and zooming out does not work , I had to edit the vcv file to get rid of it

MIDI-CAT got a new expander which has a “Start mapping button” and integrates MIDI-CAT into every parameter’s context menu for a faster mapping workflow. Available in the latest development build of PackOne.

16 Likes

Nice!

Is back ! thank you Ben.

STRIP got also a new companion module STRIP-CON for automatic rewiring your strips.

10 Likes

MIDI-CAT just got a new feature: An overlay showing current parameter changes made by MIDI mapping. Available in the latest development build of PackOne.

10 Likes

wow Ben! Is it possible to see something similar for Sail in the future? (also very nice to remember when MIDI-MAP just came out and me and not only me ask for adding midi-feedback in the module and then you released MIDI-CAT and now it have all incredible features absolutely needed for comfort mapping!)

Big :grinning: for Midi Cat. thanks for that, it’s even better than how I suggested it. Jeay!

Yikes, this is getting more awesome by the day!

Yes!

1 Like

Thank you, gonna try it soon with xtouch! Well, and now I’m gonna be annoying and ask a fashionable request (but could be useful for tutorials though) - for the…mouse?) For example as MX module function