stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

I only just now noticed the lovely German typo in the title of this thread. And it makes me love Ben even more :hugs:

3 Likes

Haha… :rofl:

1 Like

Great Addition, Ben! Mouse Wheel control was something I expected to work in VCV coming from the DAW-world.

This will likely go into every patch from now on.

2 Likes

MEM
A companion module for MIDI-CAT: The expander allows you store an unlimited number of module-specific mappings which can be recalled for the same type of module without doing any mapping manually.

Also, the manual for MIDI-CAT has been updated, or should I say “completely re-written”.
Sometimes I think that writing manuals takes more of my time than implementing the modules… :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

Ben your hard work is really appreciated :+1:

tho may I ask two questions?

will the gamma pack ever be updated/officially released (I like the cheb12 very much)?

is there any kind of manual for seeds/flowers/offspring ?

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know. I didn’t look at the modules for quite some time. These are my first attempt to do some dsp-processing using an external library… Thanks for reminding me, I need to take another look…

Not yet. I’m planning to release version 1.7.0 of PackOne until next weekend but I won’t include FLOWER/SEEDS/OFFSPRING in this release. They are the my most complicated modules yet (about 3000 lines of code) and need much more testing before release, maybe even some changes. Also, it will take time to write the manuals.

I’ll can you give some hints for getting started:

• FLOWER is the main sequencer module. I suggest you concentrate on this module at first.
  • The sequence has various settings. The EDIT-button on the bottom rotates the interface between the modes output voltage/step active, step probability, step ratchets, step slew, auxiliary sequence.
  • The LED circle is used for selecting the steps and displaying their values the same time. The selected step flashes in white, the value is shown by the number of lit LEDs of the ring. Fine adjustments can be made by the “flower”-control in the center.
  • The pattern-section on the right defines how the main sequence is played and is the core-idea of the module. There are several pattern-modes but these might change before the release. Long pressing the pattern-buttons sets the number of times the pattern/sequence is repeated.
  • The phrase-section on the left sets different presets for the pattern-section. The main-sequence is not part of a phrase.
  • The radomize-function has various settings in the context menu.
  • OFFSPRING is an extender that needs to be placed on the right side of FLOWER but you can use multiple instances. It extends the sequencer with another track and provides the same settings as the main module and follows the main module on patterns and phrases.
  • SEEDS is an extender that needs to be placed on the left side of FLOWER, also with multiple instances possible. It focuses on triggers and envelopes which also follow the main module on patterns and phrases.

The main module is loosely inspired on a hardware sequencer, I won’t name it though :slight_smile: If you want to know something specfic feel free to ask!

7 Likes

thanks Ben for the short explanations of Flower/Seed/Offspring

I will try them and see if I can understand them more by using them.

And I would like you to work on the gamma modules too,

I shurely would like to help by betatesting them and any other modules you will develope :wink:

Thanks a lot Ben for all theses new features, so useful ! About Stroke, maybe i miss it , but is there a way to assign a key learn like space to the Engine/sample rate/pause feature of Rack ?

Ben could you add some fix into MB to prevent resetting a scrolling position after closing and opening browser? It’s a bit annoying for example while I’m at the bottom of oscillators and grab some module and then reopen the browser and I should start from the top of the pretty big list again. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I added this one but it didn’t make it into v1.7.0. It will be available in a future update (or in the latest development build, of course).

1 Like

Ok, another update for MB:

• added multi-tag filtering
  • added sorting-options
  • added filtering by brand on context menu

11 Likes

:+1: :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Ben, wondering if there is any way you can make it possible to label the end point of cables?

I think a filter “only show Growler” would be super useful :wink:

7 Likes

Or only modules with low anti-aliasing???

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Thanks a lot !!

Thank you so much for the v1 browser modifications!!! :heart:

1 Like

Oh jeebus holy hell that MB module is the best thing that happened to my VCV Rack user experience since v1.0 update. Thank you so much for this.

2 Likes

Scroll-reset is improved in the latest commit.

:heart:

I’m glad you like it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like