stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

Ah yes! I didn’t realize there were shortcuts. One to unlock would be very handy. I find I have to do a lot of clicking when labeling with Glue so anything speed it up is most welcome.

Does the new S++ module allow Glue labels to load with a selection?

Already added, Ctrl+Shift+G it is.

Yes.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to having Dirt and these updates in the Library!

@stoermelder Thanks so much for the inspiring modules! I have a feature request for Strip. I’d love the ability to edit the randomization mappings, rather than erasing all and starting over. Forgive me if I’m missing how!

The second feature would be to add the ability to bind to a module not adjacent to strip. Much like 8face. So I could have a series of strips controlling randomization off screen so to speak.

Thanks again!!

1 Like

v2.0.beta2 is still hanging in the publishing pipeline for the VCV Library, but I’m skipping this one now, as there have been many fixes and improvements during the last week.

Changelog for v2.0.beta3

New modules

• Module MIDI-CAT CLK
    • New expander for MIDI-CAT, allows trigger-quantization for mapped parameters (#299)

Fixes and Changes

• Modules 8FACE, 8FACEx2
    • Fixed broken reset-behavior for “Trigger forward”, “Trigger reverse” and “Trigger pingpong” (#347)
    • Added missing reset-handling for “Trigger alternating” and “Trigger shuffle”
  • Module 8FACE mk2
    • Added “Bind module (select multiple)” option (#291)
    • Fixed broken reset-behavior for “Trigger forward”, “Trigger reverse” and “Trigger pingpong” (#347)
  • Module DIRT
    • Added crackle for polyphonic cables
    • Added switches for noise-types on front panel
  • Module GLUE
    • Changed “Add label” hotkey to Ctrl+G (#305)
    • Added hotkey Ctrl+Shift+G for “Lock”
  • Module HIVE
    • Fixed broken reset-behavior
  • Module MAZE
    • Fixed broken reset-behavior
  • Module MIDI-CAT
    • Fixed pickup of parameters with snapping (#308)
  • Module MIDI-KEY
    • Added options for slot-specific key modifiers (#344)
    • Added options for sending hotkeys to a specific module
  • Module MIDI-MON
    • Added support for SysEx messages
  • Module ORBIT
    • Added output level control (#286)
  • Module STRIP++
    • Added selection perview before actual inserting modules
    • Added “Recent selection” context menu option
  • Module STRIP
    • Remember last used folder for strips and selections on dialogs (#307)
    • “randomizeEnabled” of parameters is respected when randomizing (#349)
    • Fixed high CPU usage in High/Low-mode for bypass
  • Module STROKE
    • Added commands “Add random module”, “Save module preset” and “Save module default preset” (#345)
  • Module TRANSIT
    • Fixed broken Auto/Write-modes if CV-port is set to “Phase” (#282)
11 Likes

A feature request for MIDI-CAT - some devices (like the LaunchControl XL) don’t have velocity-sensitive pads, but the lights in the pads are controlled by velocity. I wonder if there could be a way to either set the velocity output on the feedback channel, or perhaps to have a “scale velocity” slider for notes?

Also—I’m compiling a list of plugins with ARM builds. Do you have an ARM build of Pack One tucked away somewhere?

I understand what you are asking but I don’t see how this could be useful?

Not yet. I’m Windows-only but I will add ARM to the build-pipeline at some point.

The LCXL buttons can change LED colour based on the velocity they receive, even though they only send velocity 127 when pressed and 0 when off. Being able to scale the high & low velocity that is sent back to the pads allows setting different colours for different functions, EG red for record arm, bright orange for mute on on, dim orange for mute off, yellow for solo etc.

Ah I see. This has been requested a few times and I really want to implement it but I’m struggling how the user interface and workflow could look like. I don’t think adding a slider or scaling for velocity will be a good solution.
Any thoughts on this are welcome!

It could just use the existing “Parameter range” sliders? So if the velocity is scaled on input, that scaled velocity is sent to the output?

@stoermelder are you open to suggestions for UI enhancement on T7-Ctrl publicly, or is development of T7 still a PM-only affair due to unstable api etc, or would you rather I kept it to it’s original thread, or post it to the github repo issues, or…?

@stoermelder Thanks for these. I’m using Stroke for run (spacebar), dim (d) and mute (m). Very nice!

1 Like

Since the first day it came out :sunglasses:

1 Like

beta2 has been published to the VCV Library today. I requested to skip that release and go directly to beta3 but that apparently it didn’t work out.
I hope beta3 will appear soon.

5 Likes

im so happy dear god I’ve waited for this for rack 2 for what feels like decades

Is beta 3 the same as the latest Development build [9cd8c3f]? Or can I assume the development is always ahead? Thanks for these updates. :pray:

It isn’t. Beta 3 leaves out the “preview” modules StripBlock and the FlowerSeq with it’s two expanders. If you want to play with those 4 then use the nightly dev releases, which you assume correctly are ahead.

3 Likes

wondering if the fold module will make it in eventually?

Thank you Steve.

1 Like

Another thing about the MIDI-CAT CLK expander is, if I understand correctly, you can set the MIDI messages to respond only when the CLOCK input triggers at one of the 4 inputs. I set the MIDI-CAT parameters to respond to CLOCK input 1 with it’s first FEEDBACK option.

The purpose is that when I press the connected MIDI controller to the clocked parameter, the output of the MIDI-CAT will be buffered until it hits the TRIGGER of the CLOCK input and then will pass through to the connected MIDI mapped module? Can’t get it to work properly on any of the feedback options btw.

The thing is I have to repeatedly hit the MIDI controller for this to sometimes happen. Not sure if this is a bug, or is it made to only respond when you hit the MIDI controller EXACTLY on the clock input trigger, because that is what it seems to be now. Or do I need to keep pressing the midi controller down, until the clock hits?

The idea is awesome once again, to have clock triggered midi outputs from MIDI-CAT.