Stoermelder ARENA: Preview

Yeah, I picked up this idea several years ago when I first been using Lemur

Arena is really interesting and can produce pretty noises :wink:

although it might not be the intended use :wink:

see this Strip preset (just plug the Tangents out into a mixer ), where Caudal ,odulates Arena, then through Tangents modulated by 8LFO, when you play a bit with the Tangents and 8LFO settings there are some nature sounds possible.

! please rename the file to: Aren…02.vcvss I couldn’t upload it in this format. !

Arena_Whitey_Nature_02.vcv (27.8 KB)

1 Like

Have you checked out JW Modules: Bouncy Balls?

Jupp, already used it :blush:

Ok, this is just crazy :upside_down_face:

1 Like

For each of the mix-ports in ARENA you can draw up to 16 motion sequences (besides controlling x and y by CV) that can be addressed using SEQ and driven by PHASE. I also added some parameterized presets :smiley:

3 Likes

I look at the picture a few minutes… is it supposed to move ?

The picture? Yes, it’s an animated gif, about 30 seconds long?

1 Like

I thought so, does it move in your browser ? I’m on FF and it sometimes FFup. EDIT Reloaded and here it goes love the tornado. Was already using the record function and loved looking at it. But these presets are cool. :+1:

1 Like

Apologies if this isn’t the proper thread to ask Arena questions…

Is there a way to adjust the volume curve of each input? it seems like as i approach one it could begin more gradually, is there a way i might achieve a more gentle start from zero in volume? if there is no way to do this within the module, is there a clever way I could still achieve this?

I would never use a module with no documentation. I guess a lot of people don’t mind no docs??

1 Like

At first glance it appears to share some of the same sensibilities as Sha#bang!'s “Neutridode”. (Yet is very different.)

So, of course now I gotta install ARENA. :face_with_monocle:

i certainly prefer a module to at least have a manual that i can check if i need to, but a lot of times it can just be fun to experiment without knowing too much about how things are meant to work.