StarshipSoundtrack Challenge (July 2024)

@goldtorizo I’m listening to your entry again now that I have more time. I love the mysterious vibe, and the US Navy / UFO footage was genius. It would be perfect incidental music for The X-Files. Thank you for contributing. Your video has been added to the “Starship Soundtrack” playlist on YouTube.

1 Like

My fifth and final entry for this month’s creative adventure. I imagined floating through immense clouds of hydrogen and dust that would some day form new stars and planets. But for now, it is incredibly cold and dark.

Here is the patch.

3 Likes

I’ve had no problems with MPEG-2 under Windows; but… not the best format these days.

I’ve seen some code for MPEG-4 in the Recorder source, I wonder why it’s not enabled :(.

Has something to with rights and costs, Andrew explained it somewhere some time ago.

Also

Got it :

The Challenge is Closed!

I hereby declare the end of video submissions for the Starship Challenge. There were a lot of fun entries and conversation this month. I say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to participate.

Playlist

Once more, here is the YouTube playlist I created for all the starship videos submitted this month.

Final Thoughts?

I’ll keep this thread open for another week for any final thoughts or ideas. What did you learn? What did you like about this experience? What could we do better for future challenges?

7 Likes

I see… thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is “Oinks in Orbit” and that emotional ballad “Beacon” :wink:

Thanks, I missed those two videos. It was not intentional! I just added them to the playlist.

3 Likes

I didn’t make machine sounds, but imagened me flying on my starship through space —

The bridge crew has dropped everything they’re supposed to be doing, and they’re all staring at the forward viewport. :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: :hushed: :hushed:

2 Likes