Standard Dub Techno Track

There’s a cliche kind of dub techno track – a minor chord stab, a hypnotic drum beat, loads of bass.

I was listening to Maurizio this morning and was inspired to make a track that was everything cliche about dub techno. This is it! Warning, it has some sub-bass you won’t hear unless you have at least 8" subwoofers :wink:

Patch file: http://cornwarning.com/xfer/VCV/BasicDub.vcv

9 Likes

Hi, nice sounds
what are those “stereo-chrordly-delayed-fx” things? I have heard them in dub techno so many times before but did not care what they are))) pitched delays or smth?

That’s just a delay with a modulated delay time.

very nice, good to have as an example for a Dub Techno track in VCV. Is the whole composition reproducible with the patch, or did you record and then edit to make the final composition?

Whole track is in the patch.no edits or ovedubs

1 Like

Cool!

nothing bad about some ‘standard’ dub techno to me :wink: well done! i like it, only thing to me is that the bassdrum has too much decay but that’s just a matter of taste

Just load it up and tweak it and add your own shiz. The kick drum does have a decay knob :wink:

Loving the sound of those stabs and the bass. I can’t seem to open the file though, would anybody know why?

the patch is for rack v0.6.2 and maybe you miss some modules

Was definitely missing some modules, but others I have but are not loading. I subscribed to the missing ones buy things like Blamsoft and VCV are still not loading, is that because it’s a patch from v0.6.2?

the patch should load in V1.x too,
here it loads, even without some missing modules.