Squinktronix Arpeggiator discussion thread

Just pushed version 2.0.5. Only different from previous one: turned the “gate delay” into a “gate+clock delay”. changed the default for delay to be off.

Previously the gate only delay was making things wonky. I think the new “dual delay” will fix that. But just to be sure I left of off.

If you have had issues with the gate delay, please give this version a try if you can.

The feature is (now) fully explained in the manual.

Also, I’ve been playing around with trying to make a block diagram for Arpeggiator. Assuming this could be less bad looking, would it be useful to put in the manual? Any tips? Blank diagram

1 Like

In germany we say “A picture is better than a thousand words”.

1 Like

The English expression is very similar, “a picture is worth a thousand words”

If anyone has problems launching Rack or opening patches that have Squinky in them, delete the contents of the Rack autosave folder, if you think that is appropriate. I have given Squinky the details via PM.

Beware, I may have done something stupid, so it may not be the renaming of the new Squinky plugin yesterday that caused the problem.

I am on Windows 11.

It appears that the plugin name did not change yesterday. But something may have. Squinky is taking a look at it.

Oh. that’s nice. Thanks for the info.

This is a bit off topic, maybe, or not. I have been running Rack 2.1.0 preview and SDK since it was “released”. Is that a problem?

I am having also problems opening a patch with Squinktronix modules, but did not associate it with this before your post. The following message appears:

grafik

This is actually the only patch where this happens and deleting the contents of the autosave folder does not help.

Some time after this happened I noticed that I can get the patch to work again if I first turn off (power or USB) my audio device (Audio4c from audioconnectivity) and then start Rack. There is no audio device selected then in Rack. Then I switch on the audiodevice again and start Rack again. Then I select the audio device in Rack and it works again.

Of course, the whole thing works easier if I turn off the audio device in Rack before closing Rack, but I often forget to do that.

I am on Windows 10

Yes, that is the usual message after a crash and is what I was getting this morning.

Interesting. I’ve never seen an issue, but I’ll try something similar. I also have a USB audio device (UR22-C). I have the opposite problem - I forget to turn it on before I launch rack.

When you let these long running patches run, does your computer go to sleep?

No, I have all such power saving options disabled via using the high performance power management setting. But, who knows, I suppose Windows 11 might think it knows better than me. It is an interesting question.

If anyone can come up with a way for me to observe this, it would be great. I use these plugins a lot (of course) and have never had an issue like this. But I certainly believe it’s happening for some people.

Did you update to the most recent squinkytronic-plug1 release this morning, as I did?

I noticed that my Win11 computer rebooted during the night, even though I put it to sleep when I go to bed. Firefox applied an update when I booted up. I have not looked at the Windows log files to see what may have updated and forced a restart. Did you get Windows updates this morning?

All it says in my Windows event log is:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

it was a System Kernel-Power event ID 41 Critical SYSTEM user event.

I see this type of message when MS forces a reboot due to a critical day zero security patch or some such.

To be clear, Rack was not running when my computer was asleep and rebooted.

No, I think I use this version:

Where to get a newer release?

And no, there was no Windows update this morning.

I think github is a little confused. maybe it’s my naming. This one says it’s 5 days old, but it isn’t: Release 2.0.4 · squinkylabs/SqHarmony · GitHub

If you go there and look carefully you can see it says its 2.0.4.

I’m using Release bug fix version · squinkylabs/SqHarmony · GitHub

which Squinky posted in this topic on April 6.