Spotify recommendations wanted for a VCV Rack playlist

Hello, musicians! I’ve had the idea of starting an unofficial, public Spotify playlist to highlight music on the platform that extensively uses VCV Rack, so if you have music on Spotify that you made with VCV Rack I’d like you to point out to me the work you think belongs in such a playlist. For example, I know Omri Cohen releases music on Spotify and I know from his YouTube channel that he routinely uses a combination of VCV Rack and modular hardware, but I would like to hear from him which selections of his music he thinks best represent his use of VCV Rack’s capabilities.

I want this playlist to span as many genres as possible; I make mostly ambient music myself, but if you make techno or UK garage or electroswing or produce rap in VCV Rack, I want to hear it! Please respond in this thread or DM me.

I was looking into how to promote my own music on Spotify when I had this idea—seems a lot more fun to bring together a bunch of people’s music then to just endlessly promote my own!

8 Likes

:+1:t4: good idea

3 Likes

Pinging to let you all know I’ve made the playlist public now. So far I’ve got eight musicians represented here; please let me know about more!

5 Likes

Thanks for putting this playlist together! I made this track using the Audible Instruments set:

3 Likes

Great idea for playlist! My album Ambient Self Portrait Ambient Self Portrait - Album by Otto A. | Spotify is 100% made with VCV Rack.

4 Likes

It’s been a long time but, what a cool initiative! Creating a Spotify playlist featuring VCV Rack-based tunes is an awesome idea.

It’s fantastic to see the community coming together like this. I love your inclusive approach to including all genres. If you’re exploring ways to promote the playlist and your own music, platforms like songlifty.com might offer some valuable insights.

Not 100% created with rack. But 90% rack for sure. The audio might be too long for a playlist though. This album was written for me masters degree and I was dead set on it being one long piece. Either way you it might interest you. Thanks.