(Solved)Newfound Issues With MIDI Modules?

I’ve noticed since we upgraded to Rack 2.0 that I have a strange time with recognizing MIDI Controllers. Is this widespread or just me? On the default patch, the computer keyboard works just fine, but when I change over to Windows MIDI and try to use my Alesis VI25 controller, nothing comes through until I reset the power on the back of the controller and then reselect it in the MIDI-CV Module in which case it works, however, I cannot replicate this anywhere but the default patch so I can’t use any complex midi mapping or key playing etc. outside the computer keyboard.

As well as this I tried booting up old patches in Rack 1 that require modules not yet updated, but I’ve notice that any introduction of MIDI modules in Rack 1 causes a crash.

I’ve seemed to have solved the issue doing as stated above what I did to get the MIDI working on the Default patch, cleared the patch except for midi and audio modules, and saved that as a new patch, closed Rack 2, opened again to my new patch, opened another patch and the midi controller was recognized on both.

Thanks, I was tearing my hair out, your tip worked with Windows 11. I got midi with Ardour so it was a vcv gremlin and not the operating system. I’m on version 2.4 .1 64bit @Isja

I’m on Windows 11. I regularly need to unplug all my MIDI devices, to get Rack un-deadlocked. This might just be me, because I’m developing a very MIDI intensive module. If you ever see Rack deadlocked or refusing to leave memory and unkillable in Task manager, this is one bit of voodoo you can apply that might help you get back to a working state without rebooting your machine.

1 Like