Similar modules to the Moog Model 15 iPad app?

Hello,

I would like to get a template set up that basically has all the components of the Model 15 app (which of course is modeled after the early Moog modulars). The goal here being having a limited template I can always come back to and I know has (most) of the necessary tools to make a nice patch.

Any publishers you would recommend? Any copycats in the VCV library? Thanks!

if you do a little searching you will find some stuff.

do you have any specific search terms? Iā€™ve searched moog, moog modular, different model names, etcā€¦Unless I should search for each individual module? like fixed filter bank

in the library, try using terms like ā€œladder " , " VCOā€, ā€œarpegiatorā€ instead, moog is a brand , and there are not moog modules (ā€¦for now :wink: )

take a look of Slime child Audio, ,

Hello Cody, Mockba Modular as 'Maug Saw, Square etc for the oscillators, Vult has Lateralus ladder filter, there are loads of Moog style filters on there under ā€˜ladderā€™. There are templates/models on VCV Rack Patchstorage-Worker 13 has updated a Moog, there are Minimoog. You could use them as a starting point. All are free but Mockba also does commercial synths, in the style of ā€¦. All depends how big you want to make your patch, the MOOG system 3 had ten oscillators, so the VCV world is your lobster! There is a thread on here called ā€˜the Monkees and Moogā€™. Stay safe and well.

Moog Matriarch-rough start up | Patchstorage

Moog Matriarch tones by Adrian Bottomley | Free Listening on SoundCloud

3 Likes

The Lindenberg ā€œAlmaā€ filter is said by many to be very ā€œMoogyā€, with some interesting enhancements.

4 Likes

I was just looking at that monkees thread. How funny someone made a very similar thread right before i did haha. I think I might just copy some of those System III ā€œpresetsā€ (so to speak)? Ten oscillators is crazy. How did they all get pitch CV? Did a pitch CV output go from a keyboard into a multiple and out into the moog oscillator CVs? Iā€™m still a modular noob!

Is there a fixed filter bank similar to the Moogs in VCV?

Give me a day and Iā€™ll see if I can come up with a patch. I like to try and emulate older synths (with varying degrees of success). Bogaudio does have a fixed filter module so Iā€™ll use that. I donā€™t use any apple products, so Iā€™ll go through the manual and see what I can figure out. BTW, are you using an external MIDI keyboard?

1 Like

I use an external MIDI keyboard sometimes, yes. The other day I sent MIDI data from my Octatrack to VCV Rack :^)

I saw that your also on the Micky Moog post. It looks like your patch is about 75% the same as mine. Iā€™ll still build it out. I got stuck on which SEQ to use for it.

I havenā€™t made a patch yet, but the OP of that other thread is working on one.

Well, then youā€™ll have more choices!

1 Like

@GrayCatMusic maybe you two can work out some ideas, too. Kyle is working on the Monkees modular, @Worker_13 iā€™m not sure if youā€™re working on the model 15 or what. Weā€™ll see! The more the merrier.

1 Like

I guess Iā€™ll go with the 15.

Okay, try this out when you get a chance.

4 Likes

This is awesome, thanks! How do I quantize the sequencer so that itā€™s actually diatonic pitches instead of random, unquantized notes? I donā€™t see an input to quantize this sequencer?

Ahā€¦yeah. I need to throw a quantizer in there. Give me about 15 minutes and Iā€™ll update it.

yooo the fixed filter bank is SWEET holy crap. it completely changes the sound!

Hereā€™s the update. Thereā€™s a third patch called Moog 15 SEQ QUANT. The quantizer is to the right of the SEQ and itā€™s connected. I have it set to a minor scale right now. You just need to cliclk/unclick the notes you want. I also threw in a glissando/portamento module, but itā€™s not connected.

3 Likes

this is something iā€™ve come across in modular before i donā€™t quite understandā€¦

why is it that the adsr envelope youā€™ve set up doesnā€™t behave how i expect it to? for example, if i increase the attack, i get no sound at all. the release knob almost seems to act like a decay knob in a traditional sense?