Share your small (and large) patching idea breakthroughs.

Ive been having a lot of fun with using Bogaudio llfo on square as a quick modular clock source. Combined with Bogaudio RGate as a clock multiplier and clock divider, i find that for the first time in my nearly 6 years with vcv i dont need to have the clocked module in every patch. I know the idea isnt crazy but it pushes me to more often do fun things like modulate speed of whole patch, play the tempo.

What is a mental shift you have had that changed your understanding of how to patch, shifted the way you patch, etc???

4 Likes

Using the samplers in the rack to capture and create new materials. My faves are the various Sickozcell, VoxGlitch Autobreak Studio and GrooveBox, and Panther Cap.

2 Likes

I use two ShapeMaster Pros, one runs cv sequences for notes, the other for envelope gates, really easy way to get complexity by switching different gate patterns / speeds with different note sequences.

1 Like

@cubistguitar +1 for sampling! Modular is great for pure sound design, and I spend a lot of time exporting bits of audio, editing/looping and then loading into Pigments.

For me though, I’d say the biggest thing is using polyphony more. Polyphonic modulation, and polyphonic effects are a gamechanger, and also using tools like the split/merge modules, and Bogaudio’s Polycon/Polymult/Assign etc. That’s enabled me to start making sounds I find really interesting, without creating huge patches with multiple copies of the same module.

2 Likes