Shapemaster; switch direction with cv or trigger possible?

hello, i want to switch the direction of the playhead via cv or trigger depending of the polarity of my incoming voltage. i use a 16-stepped ramp from 0-10v which can modulated with a possible negative voltage. the sum of both could go from negative voltage to positiv. is this possible? as far as i understand cv-map is only for knobs. thanks karl

If you set Trigger to CV, CV into T/G will control playhead position / direction.

2 Likes

wow, how could i miss it. will read the Manual again.:wink: thank you

I tested it. But unfortunately it does not work. If a negative voltage arrives, the playhead jumps to that point and steps from left to right. not what i want. i need a direction from right to left if negative voltage is coming in. if i change play to bipolar, the playhead runs also from left to right.

any ideas?

Show us how you accomplish that in a screenshot with scopes?

First suggestion is two lfos, one ramping up, one down, into a switch controlled by a comparator.

1 Like

here is a screenshot.

i tested the hetrick compare and it detects the negative voltage correctly. compare can send a trigger or gate as long as voltage is negative. perhaps this could help.

The direction has nothing to do with pos/neg but with rising (left to right) and falling (right to left) CV…

1 Like

That screenshot makes no sense, how is the SM CV out stepped? Where does the T/G in come from? Plus it would be nice to see where the yellow trace came from.

i forgot: i do not need the cv from shapemaster out. processing is done in another part of the patch. i will use shapemaster ONLY to visualize the steps, especially the jumps. because i cant find another module, that steps correctly with this ramp. the last one, that works with positive voltage is txvi from docb. but unfortunately i cant manage it to use the reverse input. the documentation says " as long as a gate is high" txvi runs reverse, but it only stops, until a positive voltage comes in.

hmmh, ok. i will upload the whole patch. this patch is inspired by the ciani performance patch from pyer. if you move the AFG1 and AFG 2, you see and hear the differences. perhaps it is a little bit clear where the ramp come from. the patch is WIP, so not perfect :wink:

PERFORMANCE-PATCH mit neuem VCO 4.vcv (61.2 KB)

that sounds complicated to realize…

Just plumb a LFO in, mess with it and watch the playhead move accordingly.

2 Likes

aha, i think i understand. because the ramp i use is important for the patch, i have to create a falling signal for the time the ramp runs in the negative region. if it up to positive, than shapemaster needs a rising signal. will investigate how i could realize that :thinking: for the meantime i use a combination of hetrick compare,phasor2clock and txvi. if i use clock input, than reverse is working.