Routing Rack audio outputs to UA Apollo virtual channels

Hi there,

I started playing around with Rack today and it’s been incredibly fun. I was wondering if there’s a way to change the audio output channels. Right now audio is coming out outputs 1-2 of my interface but I would like to route them to the virtual outputs on the UA Apollo Console. Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi,

I do not recall what additional steps I may have followed initially to set this up but it is definitely possible. I am currently sending my left and right audio out of VCV Rack into the 5 & 6 inputs on the VCV Rack Audio module and this is giving me a stereo feed into virtual channels 1 & 2 in the UAD console. Using a nice Lexicon reverb plugin on my entire VCV Rack audio is great.

Inputs 1 & 2 on the Audio module send things out to my speakers without plugins and 5 & 6 go through the virtual channels in the console.

Hope this helps! I recall it being a fair amount of trial and error but nothing tough.

Take care,

Steve

Thanks for you response. Running Rack through UAD reverbs is exactly what I’m trying to achieve.

Cheers

please forgive me if you have tried this already but it took me a while to find out there’s an I/O matrix tab in the console app’s settings. When i changed all the inputs and outputs to virtual it worked for me… mine looks like this:

1 Like