Routing Audio To Logic

Hi all!

I’ve been experimenting with VCV 2 Pro as an AU in Logic X the last couple months, and I haven’t been able to figure out how to route the AUDIO from Rack into Logic (not midi!)

When I open it as an AU software instrument in logic, and set the output to DAW, the audio meter in logic says that it’s registering the audio output (and I hear it), but when I hit record all that Logic records is the midi data with no audio. I can’t for the life of me figure it out!

Thanks for the help!

Below is a short video demonstration which you can pause to see the setup, but in essence for recording audio, you need to put VCV on

A) an Audio Track as an insert (you can still record live MIDI, or route MIDI from a midi track to VCV)

B) an instrument track (like you did) and record the midi, after that you use the Bounce in place feature to convert the instrument to audio

or C) set the output of your instrument track to a bus and use an aux track to record the audio.

Don’t hesitate to follow up if you have more questions!

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I used Logic, but as aetrion-music mentioned, I’d approach this by bussing the output of your instrument track to the input of an audio track and recording that.

1 Like

Hello aetrion, thanks a lot, all go fine ! Have a good day!

1 Like