RJModules Octaves Alternatives ?

Hi Do you know an alternative to the RJModules Octaves, (which has not been updated for VCV 2) ? It’s like the VCV octave module but with eight channels.

I made an equivalent from the VCV module, but as you can see it’s not very practical and takes up space. I just found LittleUtils BST. It’s already better,

As you can see, I also have to double the network for ADSR, otherwise the VCV only receives the three initial signals, and therefore only outputs three voices.

Maybe there’s a smarter way to do this. I’d like it to be more compact and less cabliquitous haha.

I’ll drop the test patch if it helps.

Poly Octave Mutiplier b.vcv (3.6 KB)

The perfect module(s) exists: Stoermelder Affix for up to 16 channels, and uAffix (MicroAffix) for up to 8 channels. The module context menu lets you choose the mode of the offset knobs:

• fractional volts
  • integral semitones
  • integral octaves

I recommend combining the 16 channel Affix with the VCV Merge and Split modules. Or for a very compact solution you could use docB M16 and S16, but I find those ports a bit cramped for my taste.

For the 8 channel uAffix I would use the Grande Merge8 and Split8 for a very nice compact solution.

5 Likes

Yes !

Since the channels are already combined, and I want polyphonic signal at the output, I don’t even need merge and split modules. As you say, the perfect solution.

Thank you very much :grinning:

2 Likes