Removing ability to add individual modules on VCV Library

On OSX you’d use grep, egrep, or something similar – whatever your system text find tool is. Also simple in most text editors (e.g. VSCode common for module devs) to do find in files.

Although I can write a bit of python or Lua, grep is a nightmare for me. I think I’ll do it manually as I go along :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway

I think the module browser is one of the weakest points of VCV.

I give up pretty much every single time I need to find a module, that I don’t remember the name of.

I understand the issue with having to add single plugins for you as a developer. But the module browser is so dense, I find it very hard to find what I am looking for. I do use and like the Favourites feature a lot.

The V1 browser, seemed like it was better to me. You can still use the V1 browser by using the MB module from Stoermelder, but then the favourites option is gone.

Cleaning out future module clutter in the browser is great, but in my opinion the browser needs an update, in some way, to make it easier to navigate.And maybe also add something so you can turn favourites on off with a key command, when the module browser is open… If it doesn’t already exists, of course and I just don’t know about the short cut.

10 Likes

50/50 on supporting this idea - I understand why those who keep their local library small would object, but as someone who has both been bitten in the a** by the “must subscribe module before downloading beta builds”, and as someone who religiously checks the library and adds every new module manually, this is an interesting development.

I feel that, however, a way to highlight any newly added modules (not the full updated collection, but just new modules) would be an asset, as this will eliminate the need to go to the library unless a new module creator releases a hitherto unknown collection.

And a “hide” system is a must, preferably available immediately upon implementation of this change (so as to appease those who are opposed to this change). It could even “autohide” any individual modules that are not subscribed using the old method.

1 Like