hello and happy new year to all of you,
there is a new arm build of vcvrack out for raspbian buster and ubuntu bionic arm (32 & 64bit) based on vcvrack v1.1.6.
it can be found here: https://github.com/hexdump0815/vcvrack-dockerbuild-v1/releases
more information about it can be found here: https://github.com/hexdump0815/vcvrack-dockerbuild-v1
and specifically for runing it on the raspberry pi here: https://github.com/hexdump0815/vcvrack-dockerbuild-v1/blob/master/readme-raspbian.txt
changelog for version 1.1.6
- upgraded vcvrack to version v1.1.6
- reverted framerate management (VCVRack/Rack@e631131) as it resulted in increased cpu usage in iconified mode on arm systems with mali gpu - still to be analyzed why …
- reworked plugin building now based on the library repo
- most plugins are now built with “-mfpu=neon” on armv7l and for raspbian too with a few exceptions (they result in a SIGBUS crash of vcvrack due to unaligned access if compiled with “-mfpu=neon”)
- 113 open source plugins included resulting in 1300+ vcvrack modules!
i’ll work on preparing a new sonaremin (https://github.com/hexdump0815/sonaremin) release based on this build and a few other ideas i have for it during the next weeks, so stay tuned …
best wishes - hexdump