I’m starting to wonder which developers are preparing for 1.0, and which ones we will lose. Especially the stuff I payed for, I would not be happy to abandon that.
Hi Joop ! Any open-source repo can of course be updated by anyone willing to make the effort. Wrt the paid-for plugins, we can only await the decisions of their makers. I’m reasonably certain that they’ll step up. Why would they not, given the appeal V1 is bound to have ? I’ve been porting various plugins/modules to v1 just for fun, it’s not rocket science, so if I can do it I’m sure the real developers here can do it far more easily.
Yes, I’m hoping some people will take up the open source stuff. I myself haven’t gotten into the programming, though.
But there are also developers (like Klirrfaktor, BBmodules, Autodafe) that have gone too quiet to my taste.
Perhaps they will update when v1 is closer to release. There is a lot of changes made that will inevitably break patch compatibility. I have my own modules v1 ready, granted I only have a few. There is probably more changes still to come though that will require edits to the source.
If there is enough of a want/need for modules showing no sign of being updated to v1 I would be willing to volunteer to port them as long as the developer is okay with doing so.
Mr Klirrfaktor did respond to my question almost immediately a few nights ago. I was surprised since he didn’t have a direct email you had to use the form on his site. Impressed… Enough smokes and coffee (and beer) he should be fueled properly.
That’s great news.
For me this is the case. I’m not interested in the 1.0 APIs until we’re looking at the release candidate, because I have better things to do than constantly renaming function calls.
You can rule Autodafe out of orphan modules