Rack V1.0 orphaned plugins

I’m starting to wonder which developers are preparing for 1.0, and which ones we will lose. Especially the stuff I payed for, I would not be happy to abandon that.

3 Likes

Hi Joop ! Any open-source repo can of course be updated by anyone willing to make the effort. Wrt the paid-for plugins, we can only await the decisions of their makers. I’m reasonably certain that they’ll step up. Why would they not, given the appeal V1 is bound to have ? I’ve been porting various plugins/modules to v1 just for fun, it’s not rocket science, so if I can do it I’m sure the real developers here can do it far more easily. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I’m hoping some people will take up the open source stuff. I myself haven’t gotten into the programming, though.
But there are also developers (like Klirrfaktor, BBmodules, Autodafe) that have gone too quiet to my taste.

1 Like

Perhaps they will update when v1 is closer to release. There is a lot of changes made that will inevitably break patch compatibility. I have my own modules v1 ready, granted I only have a few. There is probably more changes still to come though that will require edits to the source.

If there is enough of a want/need for modules showing no sign of being updated to v1 I would be willing to volunteer to port them as long as the developer is okay with doing so.

3 Likes

Mr Klirrfaktor did respond to my question almost immediately a few nights ago. I was surprised since he didn’t have a direct email you had to use the form on his site. Impressed… Enough smokes and coffee (and beer) he should be fueled properly.

3 Likes

That’s great news.

1 Like

For me this is the case. I’m not interested in the 1.0 APIs until we’re looking at the release candidate, because I have better things to do than constantly renaming function calls.

2 Likes

You can rule Autodafe out of orphan modules :wink:

3 Likes