Rack 2 Pro crackling?

Check the performance meters anyway. I had Surge XT String Osc recently in a patch and with some modulation it would suddenly spike dramatically and even though I was technically not over CPU for the whole patch, it was causing intermittent crackles. Once replaced with another osc, no crackles. You never know what module might fight back sometimes. The curse of a constantly updating constantly evolving open source software jam like VCV.

I think some of my crackling issue was solved by changing the USB connection from my ES-9 to a different hub. Upping the block size in the audio out module also seemed to help.

A few months ago I heard a tiny crackling in my one of my very complex patches. Over a short period of time it got progressively worse. After checking all of the usual suspects, I opened up a very simple patch with low CPU usage, and the crackling was nust as severe Yes. After a day or so of not being able to find a solution, I trashed the settings.json file and it went away completely.

Happened again a few days ago and I trashed the prefs again and it worked.

2 Likes