Question on Bidoo Moire

Hello,

I’d need a bit of help with self-patching Bidoo Moire. Currently I set up four scenes in a way that OUT1 and OUT2 is defining the next scene to be played. Using the square output of an LFO I can nicely loop through scene 1 to 4. But if I change the LFO wave to saw Moire is becoming completely unreliable. Sometimes it doesn’t change the future scenes. Sometimes it changes with uneven timing. The scene numbers are meant to be changed the same way on both Moire, aren’t they? Is there some settings I missed?

question on Bidoo Moire v2.vcv (19.1 KB)

(Background: the basic idea behind this patch is to use OUT9-16 for controlling 8 mixer level inputs. As Moire allows smooth transition between scenes I preprogrammed the starting CV levels for every scene and I hope to slide between these values. So using square wave to loop through is not an option.)

Any suggestion or guidance would be much appreciated!

Cheers, A.

Hello salix, I have been experimenting messing with Bidoo’s new Module nlOT and this might be better for the task than Moire. I have used it to get a ‘psychedelic’ drum and Palette tune /track out of it. I’m probably not even using it right but I like it.

Here’s the patch

Bass Bidoo nlot +Palette.vcv (54.0 KB)

1 Like

Yes, I agree Pilot (nIOT?) is much better for the job. Although it lost Moire’s visual charm but the new features make its workflow so logical.

Well I am just learning how great all Bidoo’s modules are, they are very deep, yet very useful and imaginative! Moire did crash one of my patches, so haven’t used it since, glad it turned into nlOT/Pilot.

Ah, Pilot’s got a new look! I love it! image