Quantizer w/piano keys that plays well with 8Face

Ah i see ! That’s probably what i used then :slight_smile: Thanks for reminding me ^^. I should go for it again next time i play a bit in Rack :smiley:

1 Like

Go ahead. I’m so bogged down with class right now I haven’t had time to get my own modules ported yet.

1 Like

Have you checked out QQQQ? Which can also set the scale for multiple Quacks and has 16 scenes selectable via CV.

Ported to v2 all apart from psychopump. Knobs on Darius not working if someone more capable than I fancies a look. Briefly tested on linux, Quantizers at least seem solid.

:cry:

The quatherina series is genius. when it came out i spent the afternoon driving around town aimlessly. my brain couldnt process how awesome it is.

i wish aria would come back. she had the most incredible ideas for this format.

and Aria had hands down the most amazingly done documentation online. Knocked that way out of the park!

2 Likes

This is no longer building on the Community Edition (Mac) here at least…

Correction - got your repo to build with only changing rack:settings::zoom

Would you mind giving some more detail about exactly what you did re. zoom please?

I get this when I try to compile the Aria modules:

g++ -Idep -std=c++11 -Wsuggest-override  -fPIC -I../../include -I../../dep/include -MMD -MP -g -O3 -march=nocona -funsafe-math-optimizations -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -DARCH_WIN -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -municode  -c -o build/src/Undular.cpp.o src/Undular.cpp
src/Undular.cpp: In member function 'void Undular::Undular::processXYZInputs()':
src/Undular.cpp:210:52: error: 'zoom' is not a member of 'rack::settings'
  210 |         if (zoomChanged and initialized) settings::zoom = newZoom;
      |                                                    ^~~~
make: *** [../../compile.mk:70: build/src/Undular.cpp.o] Error 1

Is this any help?

Changed rack::settings::zoom to APP->scene->rackScroll->zoomWidget->zoom

It definitely stopped it crashing the build, but I wasn’t super sure it was the right replacement to make.

Yes, I haven’t updated since I built for the initial v2, I’m waiting for it to be stable before I do any more. Pull requests accepted.

I’d be over the moon if I could just get Aria’s “Modulus Salomonis Regis” series of sequencers to work in Rack2. They were loads of fun.

Anybody working on those in some fashion? I gather that Aria has Left The VCV Building.

[edit - if they are in working order (a v2 fork?), how do I get it them to load in Rack2 with the other modules?]

Yes. Someone’s working on that. Don’t if there are builds available yet, but the modules will eventually make it into the official library. Our patience will be rewarded :smiley:

1 Like

curious if the person working on them has Aria’s permission?

I do. I still intend to port them to v2 but right now I’m busy with other stuff. If anyone else wants to in the mean time feel free, Aria does respond to emails etc

Huzzah! :partying_face:

One more thing: What brand name will it have, so that I may recognize them?

It would be nice to have in one place a list of all the modules that have been taken over with permission. There are for sure several nice ones out there.