Purf patches - Previously, on VCV

Thank you. Here’s a bit of what I had before; the clean piano played through ARP

1 Like

Lovely

Result of looking at Hexaquark. It eventually ended up not really doing a lot - 3/5 of the voices are driven by the Turing Machine/Clocked - but it really is a neat module! Another finding is how pushing the XFX’s phase shift around, with softening the jumps a tiny bit, creates a sort of tape-warble effect which adds nicely to the analogue kind of hushed flute-like sounds of those almost but not quite pure sine wavetables :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Man! Man! What a masterpiece! Could seriously be the best patch I ever heard from a VCV rack, like ever. Man! Need another listen…

1 Like

So much beauty :slightly_smiling_face:. Bravo, Urs

A sunday’s impro with Simpliciter playing some old guitar loopstation noodling, humming, typing and my daughter asking what I was doing. As for “patch notes”: the nice new Trigs controls the playback direction, through the Matrix thing so I can quickly change what’s doing what.

6 Likes

Une très belle composition, Urs. Bravo :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds good, almost Aoki Takamasa, one of the best!

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile: @SpaceTraffic The covers of Takamasa’s albums look familiar, somehow, but I don’t think I had heard of him. Thanks for the pointer!

1 Like

Best album Indigo Rose

1 Like

A rough and short sketch, this one. But a) I feel like trying to make my music more ~sparse. And b) I have a Keystep coming my way so there will be more beats and it’ll probably change my approach to things. Maybe this is in anticipation of that…

2 Likes

… whereas the piano is just context for this instrument I discovered called the… uhm, the Harmoniola! A CZSaw from Mockba Modular going through things into Clouds and (after the break) into @Ahornberg’s Tape. In this case v/oct’d and gated with a Rampage, via @tinyvcvpatches no.11.

2 Likes

Hello Purf, hope the world finds you well! In the screenshot is that the full patch, because I’m thinking of recreating, I like the sound of it. I f that’s ok? Thanks

It’s the full synth voice, yes. There’s a Plateau reverb on the mixer, of course :slight_smile:

(Rampage needs one manual trigger to start things)

Thanks much appreciated, good things come in small packages! Which mixer did you use Mindmeld or different one?

I guess it’d be real nice if there was a genre or a direction in what I’m doing but anyways, here’s a snippet of Modular Techno feat. @Omri_Cohen’s take on the Moog Subharmonicon

Minus Black & White

3 Likes

Vcp-57(a). A generative ambient tune with Phrase-Seq, but as a 2x16-step Sample+Hold of sorts. You thought I’d meticulously click in a bunch of notes, huh? :grinning:

4 Likes

Today’s thing, a different kind of ambient. At the core of it again the VCV’s Subharmonicon from Omri, but here - and I think, the hardware has this feature, from watching jams? - I wanted to not have all triggers go to both Oscillators all the time.

1 Like

Here’s me having a go at making a Krell patch. Previously heard over here but now there are 5 minutes of it.

2 Likes

For the sake of this here being a collection of sorts, there’s the Eugene patch from vcp59:

1 Like