I cannot get rid of the demo that pops up when you open VCV Rack. It will not see my audio device or midi keyboard. It will not let me open a project or create a new one. Sorry for the multiple topics. I hit the wrong button. Twice. Thanks for your help! R
What OS are you using? Also what steps have you tried?
I’m using Windows and was able to do the following to load a blank patch file without actually having to do anything within Rack to create it:
- open Notepad or similar and paste the following:
- Saved that as blank.csv to my Rack folder
- Navigated to my Rack folder in Documents
- Deleted the autosave-v1.vcv file
- Double-clicked on the blank.vcv file
- VCV Rack opened up with the blank patch file and then it created a new autosave-v1 with the blank as well.
- I also went ahead and saved the blank layout as my default template
Others may have easier ways to get the same result. And without more details of your situation I can’t be sure this would even resolve the issue you are experiencing.
You can try this:
delete all demo modules (leave an empty project).
File -> Save template
Now you should have an empty project when you run
File -> New
Thank you both. I got it working. And it sees both my midi and audio devices which were not showing up in the demo patch. Thanks again!