[POLL] which improvements would you like to see most in vcv?

I agree that the module browser can get too cluttered. I’d love to see some way to organize it, other than marking some of the modules as favorites.

For example, an ability to create my own category tree (similar to folders for files), or my own tags (in addition to Favorite, being the first, and default, tag), different from categories in the sense that each module can have more than one tag?

3 Likes

I have successfully created Venom Widget Menu Extender that allows users to rename parameters and ports, and set custom defaults for parameters.

Fantastic, sir - I’ll definitely give that a try! :medal_sports:

1 Like

I would love to hear how well it works for you!

I wrote you goys today with some Wishes and Recommendations. But I’ll repeat here: What about an advanced WT Oscilator as Premium Module with a few Algorythms (Bend,…), a Wavetable Editor and a larger UI? Could be a Bestseller…And: You should take the WT Oscilatorm remove all the Wavetable Synthesis Code and leave it as a very simple Sample player. It’s perfect! Just drag a Drumsound into it and ready to go! Even better than Surge XT where you have to load the files first. Anh this makes Sense because there are many organic Drumsounds like Percussions (Bongos, Congas,…) that don’t really sound good in Synthesis as you might know. AND: Having a pure sample based Module in the fundamentals Collection could increase the Playground of Exploration… for example, getting into granular Synthesis. Think abou it. Greetings Daniel PS: Could you maybe upload the dark Mode Skins for Parametra and the Pulse Matrix? If still not ready just send me the UI and I’ll do it. It’s a task of Minutes and I like my Modules in Black.

Well, there’s already Morphing Terrarium from the Synthesis Technology commercial collection, which is pretty good. Also a few very good free ones. A fully featured sampler with polyphony, loop point manipulation, envelopes etc and input recording would be a premium module I would definitely pay for. I bought Arturia Pigments for sampling instead which is great, but a native VCV module would be a nice option.

Would the Path Set and Omri Cohen module on the VCV Library fit the bill for the sampler you’re after?

Yeah, something like that. I’d be looking for a particular meter, and select the “Visual” keyword. Some show up and some don’t. The one I’m looking for may have “Polyphonic” and “Utility” keywords, but not “Visual”. If I could add my own keywords, or apply an “official” existing keyword to a module that should have it, it would certainly help.

Also, I’d like the option of a more rigorous interpretation of what I’m searching for. I type “chord” in the search box and I get hits for “chord”, but also “chorus”, “chow”, “chirp”, “coloredglass”, “waveguide delay” (module with a chorus feature), “colors” (a sampler), many “Count Modula” modules, “chopper”, and “warp core”.

It needs an “I know how to spell” checkbox.

1 Like

a) chopper is an underappreciated module ;-0

b) there is a whole nice thread on making a better module browser. Go check it out.

2 Likes

I keep wishing that someday, someone will turn Vital’s oscillators into a VCV module. They are absolutely the best in business… And open source !

3 Likes

Okay, apart from like major upgrades like native M1/ARM that is probably not so easy to do… here are some simpler feature requests:

It would be awesome if there could be the option to automatically download and install all required plugins from the library when you open up a patch that requires plugins that you haven’t installed yet.

Can we have the option top hide some specific modules from plugins we are subbed to, (like blanks)? without having to delete them…

It’s hard to come up with good suggestions, VCV already does a lot of things.

1 Like

I have that collection and Panther Cap is great, but it doesn’t have things like velocity layers and key mapping zones etc. Maybe that’s unnecessary, most people have something like Kontakt and can run that in Host. A native module would be cool though.

I made a polyphonic SFZ player, which is most of it. IMAO it was a huge waste of time. Took me months to make it, and most ppl basically thought “well, that’s ok, but I’d rather use for free or cheap VST that’s much better.” So I don’t think my “sales” were good enough to justify the expenditure. “Sales” in quotes because of course it’s free.

I think it would be shame for a VCV developer to spend their time on that.

2 Likes

Good reminder, I forgot about this one, thing that was always bugging me was the placement of the out port , :wink:

And I’m sure for you that’s a big deal!

1 Like

(Sorry guys i forget if i not asked it already) For VCV standalone version - simple option for assign default patch (current setting is as last edited patch only, so need make everytime extra move for cleaning before close, that annoying a bit, it is for me only ?).

I would love to hear how well it works for you!

Exactly what I wanted, it’s part of my default template now. :smiley:

1 Like

I dunno about that. I use it fairly often.

1 Like

@Squinky I used your SFZ a while ago when I wanted an electric piano sound, and it’s excellent! I was trying Labs in the Host module before that, and found it didn’t quite respond properly, it was missing notes and just triggering weirdly. SFZ was more responsive and seemed better sound quality too. I think you’re right though, it’s probably not worth the effort for a free module dev, and the sales wouldn’t be worth it commercially either.

2 Likes

An expander for the seq 3 would be great and the function to play backward

5 Likes