Plugins that are built for Rack v2

Please elaborate: can you post a compile time log and what you did to fix it your end; what #include did you use? This may be something I need to add to my PR. Also include what build toolchain you’re using.

John has messaged me about v2 migration and so this maybe important for cross platform builds.

Thanks.

@Steve_Russell Steve - I PM’d you earlier with my compile error log on Mac (which seem like same errors branadooks got).

I’m using the build toolchain as outlined here: VCV Manual - Building

Can you add the line #include <array> to the top of Rainbow.hpp underneath the #pragma line and do a make clean before trying to build again. Tell me what happens.

Yep - that did the trick and it builds without errors now (although a few warnings).

What warnings do you get?

SVGSwitch’ is deprecated, unused function ‘rtrim_copy’, and: non-portable path to file ‘“Common.hpp”’; specified path differs in case from file name on disk [-Wnonportable-include-path] #include “common.hpp”

Sorry, I was wrong about having my modules built for Rack 2. Although I built them against the v2 API, I seem to be running Rack v1.dev.a5fc5891, which is still loading my non-version 2 modules.

Update! Ok, I was able to build and test my modules in v2 and they do, in fact, work fine. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve built Chortling Hamster Modules using VCV Rack Community Edition 2.git.219bbaf1 and Rack SDK 2.git.219bbaf1. It’s working except for the segment / calculator displays in one module which now aren’t working in dark room mode again. When I’ve fixed that I’ll upload another build, though not sure if I should given that the release of v2 is close?

I believe that dark room mode changed between the this latest release and the previous. The migration manual page changed to match

1 Like

ya i just spent some time updating for dark mode again

1 Like

Thanks. I should have checked! :slight_smile:

Me too!

Just pushed some updates to Count Modula V2 to address (hopefully) a few issues with modules having 7 segment displays crashing on load and spruce up the buttons on Colour Palette.

1 Like

I just got build errors with your latest version (built a version last night that was fine)

3 errors - basically all similar.

src/modules/Euclid.cpp:566:26: error: reference to ‘string’ is ambiguous lengthDisplay->text = string::f( “%02d”, m->length); …/…/include/string.hpp:10:11: note: candidate found by name lookup is ‘rack::string’ namespace string {

src/modules/Euclid.cpp:567:25: error: reference to ‘string’ is ambiguous hitsDisplay->text = string::f( “%02d”, m->hits); …/…/include/string.hpp:10:11: note: candidate found by name lookup is ‘rack::string’ namespace string {

src/modules/Euclid.cpp:568:26: error: reference to ‘string’ is ambiguous shiftDisplay->text = string::f( “%02d”, m->shift); …/…/include/string.hpp:10:11: note: candidate found by name lookup is ‘rack::string’ namespace string {

OK, I’ve fixed that using the “if layer == 1” stuff, but has anyone found that LEDs / widgets do not graphically update when VCV Audio 2 does not have an output device selected, even though parameter knobs can be turned and the tooltips update with the parameter values? Is that expected behaviour? (Edit: This is in Studio Edition 2.git.2efb755f. Sorry, I meant 2efb7ff5.)

Ohmer v2.0.0-beta 4

OhmerPrems v2.0.0-beta 4

Builds are available for Windows, MacOS and Linux (updated Oct. 18, 2021).

Based on CE .git.219bbaf1 (& SE .git02efb7ff5)

1 Like

I can confirm this is happening to me too on Studio Edition 2.git.2efb7ff5 Mac.

1 Like

Yes, that one. Sorry. :slight_smile:

I’ve tested Hampton Harmonics modules against Studio Edition 2.git.2efb7ff5 on mac (on both standalone and VST), and it is still working well.

I updated how the lights are handled in dim rooms for the Progress module, but that’s about it.