Plugins that are built for Rack v2

Many thanks! The Big Mute Button was the last thing missing from my V1 template, and I use Gate Length regularly.

1 Like

I’m sorry if I seem like a complete idiot but I don´t seem to understand how to use the file .vcvplugin that is exctracted from the zip folder. I really need the alikins modules. Thanks a lot for porting them.

Put the .vcvplugin file in your plugins folder and then open Rack. It will extract the modules and delete the source file.

Just completed migrating the Nozori plugin to V2. I’ve also added a selectable dark theme to all the modules as the actual hardware modules come with white/black flippable panels. I’ve fixed the sample-rate warning issue. Please note that just removing the warning is not a good idea as those modules actually use the code in the hardware modules and so require the specific sample-rate. I have posted a PR for the dev.

Pre-built binaries can be found on the original repo issue tracker . A link to the modified sources and commit used to build those is posted there too. Enjoy!

5 Likes

A nice New Year’s gift, thank you very much.

Hey Steve , I have been trying to build this plugin following the build instructions from vcv webpage, I managed to build rack and fundamental plugins, but unfortunately pack tau v2 gives me an error when I try to build it using make… MacBook-Air-13 vcvrack-packtau % arch -x86_64 make c++ -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -Idep/include -fPIC -I…/…/include -I…/…/dep/include -MMD -MP -g -O3 -march=nehalem -funsafe-math-optimizations -fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -DARCH_MAC -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -c -o build/src/Exit.cpp.o src/Exit.cpp src/Exit.cpp:131:18: error: no member named ‘directory’ in namespace ‘rack::string’ dir = string::directory(module->path); ~~~~~~~~^ 1 error generated. make: *** [build/src/Exit.cpp.o] Error 1

I am using Macbook air M1 Bigsur 11.2.3 (20D91) xcode 12.4

I was wondering if its possible you can build it for mac and point a link thanks in advance

Just for the record: I made a port of the FrankBussRackPlugin.

2 Likes

Do you have permission from the original author to adapt this plugin and continue development?

It’s a relevant question to ask for acceptance to the vcv library - you have special rules. But why do you ask here in the community forum ?

According to the license of the plugin in questions, anyone can modify and make binaries available. Is it not allowed to post links to such undertakings ? If they comply with the licensing terms of the original author ?

It seems to me, that Ahornberg didn’t violate the license.

https://github.com/Ahornberg/FrankBussRackPlugin/blob/master/LICENSE.txt FrankBussRackPlugin/LICENSE.txt at master · FrankBuss/FrankBussRackPlugin · GitHub

Anyway - I have removed the unofficial ports from my google drive share.

1 Like

There was no reaction from the original author so far.

Yep, License says modification and distribution of modified versions is OK

Because the port was submitted to the Library.

1 Like

OK. Please wait with submission of library updates until you have heard back. Thanks.

I see now

FrankBuss · Issue #482 · VCVRack/library · GitHub

deleted … let’s wait.

Make sure you’re building from here: GitHub - SteveRussell33/vcvrack-packtau at v2.

I can’t do mac builds as I don’t have one.

Alikins is back in the Rack v2 library as of 10 days ago, yay! Big thanks to netboy3 for the port!

4 Likes

It’s great but color panel (that I get a lot of use out of) doesn’t glow in the dark. Not the biggest deal imaginable but I had to make a cool light show with them.

Anyway, the only things I’m hoping to see in the library now are Rackwindows and Trowasoft.

There is an Alpha release of Trowasoft here.

2 Likes