Plugins that are built for Rack v2

No Mac till today ?

All 3 systems are on my release page on github including Mac. Haven’t checked myself if it is working as I don’t have one myself. Releases · kockie69/SquinkyVCV-main (github.com)

2 Likes

Can anyone hit me up with a working Aria Salvatrice? I can’t find a build nor build myself.

I think @Vega got permission from Aria to port to V2. I don’t think she wanted anyone else porting without permission, but @Vega would know.

Yep, but Aria was included of the buildable plugins and I can’t see where that information came from.

Why thank you!

1 Like

Ah shoot, psychopump’s one of my all time favorites. Maybe I’ll find a workaround with Studio Edition.

really? Maybe only the contrary examples post, but I get the impression that the majority will not just re-build. For sure I could be wrong about that.

Oh, got it. I see. And I see in the other thread that @Vega passed the baton to @contemporaryinsanity – awesome. Thanks, both, and thanks to Aria for making these wonderful modules. Glad they’ll be in V2.

I don’t know scientifically. At that stage it did definitely seem true. Even now though many plugins are brought over to at least buildable stage by people who aren’t the modules authors. I’m sure for collections as big as Squinky or Nysthi who are doing big numbers of more complicated things I’m sure you’re right. Having said that I think for a major version change it seems pretty reasonable but that isn’t to say it isn’t still a lot of work!

TLDR; thanks to our awesome module devs for converting working code in V1 to V2 whether it is a lot of work or a little for each one it’s definitely appreciated!

3 Likes

Andrew said something like 90% of plugins would just need the json change and a recompile which doesn’t really tally with my experience of trying to port them :slight_smile:

None of the first 4 plugins I tried to port (all of which were relatively simple ones) could be ported as easily as that and I initially thought he was way off… but then the next batch I tried was much more successful in that regard.

After trying a fair few now It’s hard to put an exact figure on it but I’d say around 50-60% might be more realistic, in my experience at least. Another 20-25% or so need the common v2 fixes mentioned in the migration guide (getParamQuantity() and loadFont etc) and the remainder need a bit more work.

Still for the vast majority plugins it seems a far simpler and easier job to port from v1 to v2 than it was from v0.6 > v1 and that’s to be applauded. It’s been simple enough that I’ve even been tempted to have a go at some as a non-dev (with Marc’s help thankfully!). It’s been an interesting experience and I’ve certainly learned a few things. And I’ve had my first Pull Request accepted on GitHub! Is there a badge for that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I’ve been working on porting John Hoar’s excellent Amalgamated Harmonics plugin, more as a personal exercise than a serious attempt. I have four modules working - Galaxy, Progress2, Arp31, and Arp32 - and I expect the others will build with minimal changes. I ran into a fonts rendering issue that was easily handled but I still have to resolve some font scaling issues. I’ve posted a github issue asking whether John intends to port the plugin himself, haven’t heard from him yet.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about the Prism plugin that they did. I hope that get’s ported.

1 Like

See your PM.

1 Like

So what was the verdict on Prism? Just to know as I was wondering about it’s fate for v2 as well…

I made a fork for my PR (still some labels to add) which is on the “refactor” branch that has the latest commit.

This branch has an unreleased filter from 18(!) months ago.

Enjoy.

1 Like

You are amazing, porting all these otherwise left in the dust modules! Thanks!

1 Like

Finally got the last of the Count Modula modules ported to V2 and have implemented the new API features across the entire suite. I think I have caught all the major bugs and the modules should all be stable. Now I need to find if there are any not so obvious issues arising from the changes.

11 Likes

I got 2 ‘implicit instantiation of undefined template’ errors and was unable to build. I’m on Mac 10.13.6. After some googling, I found that adding → #include ← at the top of the rainbow.hpp file fixed this for me.