Plugin Failing to Load 6): Symbol not found: _src_delete

Hello all,

I have been working on a plugin using a version of rack I compiled and it is working great, but when I try to open it in the release version of Rack it fails to load. Here is the error from the log.txt file:

[0.130 warn src/plugin.cpp:158] Could not load plugin /Users/jodyshanabrook/Documents/Rack/plugins-v1/DSPProj: Failed to load library /Users/jodyshanabrook/Documents/Rack/plugins-v1/DSPProj/plugin.dylib: dlopen(/Users/jodyshanabrook/Documents/Rack/plugins-v1/DSPProj/plugin.dylib, 6): Symbol not found: _src_delete
  Referenced from: /Users/jodyshanabrook/Documents/Rack/plugins-v1/DSPProj/plugin.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Users/jodyshanabrook/Documents/Rack/plugins-v1/DSPProj/plugin.dylib
[0.138 info src/bridge.cpp:384] Bridge server started

Does anybody have any ideas? The plugin works fine on the version of Rack I have compiled myself.

Thanks Jody

Are you using libsamplerate?

Yes! I am.

This is most probably a linking problem. Rack has libsamplerate included but it is broken (I worked out how to fix it but haven’t created an issue for that yet). You can either statically link it or dynamically which I suspect you are doing. The release version might not find the library.

Please create an issue if it’s a blocking problem for loading plugins that dynamically link to libsamplerate.