Peaks clone ?

That fixes it for me, nice work all.

It appears VCV Audible instruments uses a fork of the Mutable code anyway, so I’ve opened a PR (slightly different but same net effect):

1 Like

Ah yes, I’ve done it at the .cc level, whereas it can be also be done at the header level. Nice one Ewan!

On a side note this should also be done with Braids to remove the warnings there:

And remove the memset lines here:

@Steve_Russell - while I don’t want to put words in Andrew’s mouth, I think generally he prefers changesets for PRs to be compartmentalised (already I’ve done a seperate PR for the Elements bugfix). I understand why, as we don’t want to introduce any side-effects, especially for such a popular module. I’m not 100% though, so say if you think it’s really worth doing. Maybe a follow-up “cleanup” PR for the other modules is another option?

Are there any other issues/experiences with Peaks for people to report?

Yes, that is what I meant. It’s not a big thing atm; it’s seems only to manifest as a potential problem mainly on Windows as we saw with Peaks. Although to add to that, I’ve never had a crash due to Braids so as I said not a priority.

1 Like

I tried downloading it today, but Peaks is not showing up for me either. I am running rack 2.1.0 on windows 10 and have not updated the audible instruments plugin. Let me know if you need any more info

Did you download the appropriate .vcvplugin file for your OS, put it in Rack/plugins, delete the original AudibleInstruments folder, and restart Rack?

try going to the AudibleInstruments plugin page in the library and clicking “subscribe” to add the entire plugin to your collection. Peaks will show up then.

No it won’t as Peaks hasn’t been released to the library yet. One has to download a test release from here: Release Development Build · hemmer/AudibleInstruments · GitHub

i mean after copying the beta build into your plugins folder, you may need to subscribe to the plugin on the library page in order for Peaks to appear. that’s what happened when i added the beta build to my folder. Peaks didn’t show up, so i subscribed to the plugin, and then it showed up.

1 Like

You don’t need to subscribe to a plugin to get any of the modules to show up in the browser, I add dev builds all the time and the modules always show up.

So unless you restarted Rack more than once, your post doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

well i don’t know what to tell you. Rack wasn’t running, i added the beta plugin to my plugins folder, i loaded Rack, and Peaks didn’t show up in my library. as i’ve done before with other dev builds, i went to the corresponding plugin’s library page and subscribed to the plugin, then restarted Rack, and Peaks showed up. i’m not claiming to know why this is the case, only stating that it is the case. ¯\_(●_●)_/¯

Without being able to inspect your machine, I suspect a glitch in your settings.json file.

NVM.

the file looks completely normal to me, but then again i probably wouldn’t recognize a problem there as i haven’t had a need to dig around in it much beyond glancing through it to make sure it looks normal. as i said i’ve had to do the subscribing thing several times for other beta builds of plugins in the past.

@Steve_Russell - Just a quick note to let you know that Peaks is running fine here on a Mac Mini M1 (local build for x86_64). I haven’t tested everything, but I’ve had no crashes with anything yet. Very nice panel, btw.

1 Like

Glad to hear it Dave!

Simple fix, once GDB told me where to look. But credit should also go to @hemmer though for the main port. Not sure who did the panel, not one of mine. The last panel I did was for Southpole back in the day…

Unless you found my public repo where I’m doing a port of the Mutated Mutables firmware that includes Peaks with a modded panel. shh! :wink:

You do if you have subscribed to an individual module in the plugin. In that situation you won’t be able to see Peaks in the non-library plugin, because it won’t be in your whitelist. That may be what happened to Alefnull

2 Likes

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶s̶c̶r̶i̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶A̶u̶d̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶u̶l̶e̶s̶.̶

I’ve just done a test where I cleared my settings.json of all Audible Instruments entries as well as unsubscribing from the plugin in the library.

I added the beta plugin as normal after deleting the existing folder. All the modules appeared in the browser after restart. settings.json only updated "moduleWhitelist" with the entry "AudibleInstruments": true after I exited Rack, re-subscribed to Audible Instruments and started Rack again.

None of the modules have failed to appear. In other words I can’t replicate the issue as he described it.

actually, i had multiple Audible Instruments modules added to my library.

Ah ok, when you said you went to the library and subscribed to the plugin I assumed you hadn’t got any AI modules. I’ll edit my post.

Still can’t replicate the issue though.

To replicate the issue (why?) You need to subscribe to some or all the modules, but not the whole plugin. Then you will have a whitelist which will not include anything that is just in the beta.

1 Like