PdArray has been updated

Hello!

Based on feedback and comments, the PdArray plugin has been updated to v1.0.2, now available in the plugin library. The biggest new feature is the Ministep module, which can be used to step through the array. A more complete list of changes is available in the changelog.

pdarray-ministep

17 Likes

Well done, on the original design and the bug fixing, thanks !

Thanks! I’m uploading my first video to use this right now.

Just tried it out for the first time - and WOW it seems like the best way to record cv data i’ve encountered, much nore handy than any sampler. Thanks for this! Did you consider adding an ability to store multiple arrays in the same module? Or maybe making rec input polyphonic as well (so both OUTs could output different arrays on different channels?) Draw arrays with different colors maybe?

what i would like (and it may exist without me noticing) is a kind of VCV touchpad that gates when it’s being touched. So you could make momentary changes to the contents of PdArray by just touching the pad?

edit: actualy i think JW xypad does what i’m saying. edit2: of course if you weren’t as dumb as me you’d just draw directly into pd array edit3: Now i remember what i originally wanted; the ability to shake my wrist back and forth in a more natural manor to control things. You can do that with the xypad plugged into PdArray. okay, i’ll shut up now

1 Like

Hmm, I’ve considered polyphonic recording at some point. Some random thoughts:

• Drawing doesn’t make sense when the array is polyphonic.
  • Maybe the drawing could be disabled when polyphonic input is recorded and then if it’s re-enabled and the user draws something, the data would go back to monophonic again. In this case, the module needs to be very careful to keep track of when the data is monophonic and when not.
  • The data could be stored in 16 copies of the buffer, drawing (and also monophonic input signals) would just edit all buffers simultaneously. But then a buffer of 1 million samples becomes 16 million samples in the VCV patch file, which is not so nice.
  • Polyphonic data would also enable stereo samples, which is pretty cool.
  • I think having 16 different colors (and especially ones that look good) is not really feasible, so I’d rather just draw all of the arrays as black with reduced opacity, like the cursors work now. This makes the visualization harder to understand, but I think that’s a pretty lost cause anyway with lots of channels of polyphony.

I also think that default monophonic behaviour should be kept in case user doesn’t want 16*size memory usage. Maybe add number of voices as a setting in context menu (as in MIDI-CV nodule)? Maybe another setting to specify draw channel?

The Ministep module of the PdArray plugin has been updated with a scale parameter, which allows stepping multiple values with a single trigger. I’m probably way more excited about this simple addition than is warranted, but you can have a surprisingly lot of fun with it. It will be in the plugin manager soon. Here’s a short video showing very basic usage (warning: contains bleep-bloops).

1 Like

PdArray is finally available in Rack v2!

There are no major changes in version 2.0.6, but I have added v2 features such as port labels. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

7 Likes

Thank you!

PdArray 2.1.0 will be appearing in the plugin library soon! This update brings a bunch of new features to Miniramp.

The new EOC port allows easily chaining multiple Arrays:

See here for the full changelog.

17 Likes