Paz's music

Isla

NOTES: Every voice but one was done totally in VCV Rack 2 Pro; the one that wasn’t created in VCV was sequenced in VCV and then sent to Bitwig using the CV-MIDI module to play the nylon string guitar (from MG Soft Nylon Guitar (Lite) – pianobook). All VCV voices were mutli-track recorded in Bitwig for mixing/mastering.

4 Likes

Track name: Forest Infinity

NOTES: I wanted to try something different this week, and use VCV Rack as the generative sequencer but use more organic sounds. I used a simpler rack than normal and routed the various NoteSeq’s out of VCV into MIDI channels which I routed to various instances of Spitfire LABS to play most of the actual music.

I think I’m probably the first person in the world to make generative spa music.

5 Likes

Track Name: Pieces

NOTES: This is a pretty simple patch, several of the voices are native VCV Rack module chains, and then I used Luftrum’s Lunaris for some of the atmosphere and Spitfire LABS’ Peel Guitar for some occasional interest.

5 Likes

Track name: Internal Flow

NOTES: Another simple patch with some sampled chanting sprinkled throughout and the strings from Spitfire LABS.

4 Likes

Track name: Face the Light

NOTES: 5 total voices, sequenced by VCV Rack in Bitwig, and played with VST and Kontakt Instruments like the MG Soft Nylon Guitar and Hoveflute from Pianobook.

2 Likes

Track name: Exhalation Space

NOTES: 4 total voices this time, each sequenced by VCV Rack (NoteSeq16 into QNT per voice) in Bitwig, and played with VST and Kontakt Instruments like the MG Soft Nylon Guitar and Hoveflute from Pianobook.

2 Likes

Track name: Clearings

NOTES: As usual, note/“music” data from VCV Rack sent to Bitwig via CV->MIDI and played using samples/VSTs like The Feathered Flute, Lunaris,and BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover

4 Likes

Track name: Holding On

NOTES: Nice and simple track, sequenced by VCV and recorded in Bitwig.

1 Like

Track name: Of The Earth

NOTES: Tried to be as simple as I could, limiting myself to 7 total voices, 3 of which being sequenced with VCV

4 Likes

I’m just curious. What else do you use for sequencing?

In VCV, almost universally the NoteSeq. I love the interface, I love how easy it is to get great sounding patterns out of it, and I love the fact that there are so many options for scales (even if I pretty much only use pentatonic, personally).

If not VCV, I just use my Arturia Keylab Essentials 64 and record sequences directly into Bitwig.

1 Like

Track Name: Blissful Awareness

NOTES: I took a break from VCV for a bit to challenge myself but found myself coming back when I wanted to program the bansuri flute sound. The sound itself is from a VST running in Bitwig, but the sequence was recorded by using a fast clock into a Bernoulli gate set at a very low percentage to use as a trigger, which was fed into a sample & hold which was then sent into a quantizer. Recorded nearly 3 hours of sequence before I found a snippet of something that I liked (I still ended up tweaking the notes a little but VCV gave me the bulk of it). Added some groove in Bitwig to give it a little more human feel.

2 Likes