Path Set Sifter!

I’d never tried the Path Set Sifter, so I did my maximal FSU patch with it. I processed a sequenced synth sound with

• Delayed input signal with three delays to fill the 4 stereo inputs on the Sifter.
  • Use a VCV Gates to get a flip flop gate out of input triggers from a Bernoulli gate
  • use the gate to trigger the freeze input on the Sifter.
  • put the output of the Sifter through Vult Freak in Resonant Comb filter mode.

The best part of this sound is cool and can be eq’ed to cut in the mix but it isn’t aggressive on it’s own.

The problem with Sifter (and other Path Set modules) is that it stores its audio buffer in the Rack patch, so it’s too big.

I did record some audio though. The sifter makes that filtery delay sound that mutilates the original synth voice.

The funniest thing about this patch is it not what people hate about digital, that it sounds too clean. The dirt in this track was an artifact of how the Sifter is processed, and overdriving the filter on the main synth sound.

I used some random offset to give the sequence variation. To me it sounds like the idiot robot Grateful Dead vamping on a C Major Bebop chord.

1 Like

Fun sounds, what is the bunny leaping over a flame module?

A link a backstory and an answer…

1 Like

Hot Bunny random source. By a guy that got into feud with Andrew Belt and got banned from the community and library. Hot bunny is arandom source you dont have to clock, it just free runs.

2 Likes