Path Set: New Plugin, Looking for Feedback

The one you uploaded to patchstorage works fine but the ones I downloaded from the Github page produces the same error below for all the different modules:

AstroVibe_Example2 error

1 Like

Love Astro Vibe! The patches load differently every time though which I am not sure is intentional? Some order in the chaos and this will be one of my favorite Sound Generators.

2 Likes

It was sort of intentional. I mostly wanted to get something out first and see if people liked it. But it seems like there is enough interest that adding that persistence is what I’ll work on next. Thanks for trying them out!

1 Like

That is supper weird. I am able to open them when I download them just fine. It looks like the file is getting corrupted some how. Would you mind sending me one of the files you downloaded?

Also how are you downloading the files exactly? I’ve tested it with both the view raw and download button. I’m using Chrome on a Windows 10 machine.

I am on Windows 10 using MS Edge. Download method -‘Save link as’ into my Patches folder. Here’s a Ice Tray download:

IceTray_Example1.vcv (155.9 KB)

1 Like

Yeah I get the same error on the file you uploaded, so something about how your downloading it corrupting it. I’m going to guess its Edge; you could try a different browser. But if you don’t want to mess around with that, here is a link to a google drive with a zip of all the examples. Let me know if that works.

So it could be due to Edge, I have dragged and dropped an example into VCV Rack from the Rar and it opened, so just messing with Ice Tray 1!

1 Like

The file you have downloaded and saved isn’t a vcv file. Its a whole github webpage. That’s why you can’t open it.

2 Likes

Surely that’s a bit weird! Not sure how that happened but …. I have the examples now though, see earlier reply from Path Set. Thanks for taking a look. :smiley:

1 Like

I’d also vouch for persistence, I think it’s important that once we have a sound we like, we can reopen the patch with it intact.

AstroVibe is an awesome module, I find the textures it can make are so inspiring for some drone/ambient music, I’ll definitely try something with this, thanks for making it! :rocket:

3 Likes

Very intrigued by AstroVibe, just waiting on some inspiration to come up with a patch!

Thank you for making these plugins!!

1 Like

Version 2.1.0 is now available in the Library!

• Every module now saves its compete state
  • IceTray is now stereo
  • Shifty has its own internal clock
  • See full changelog for more

Thank you everyone for all your feedback. It was really motivating to see how much people enjoy my modules.

8 Likes

Version 2.1.1 is now available in the Library!

• Removed many of clicks in IceTry. Please let me know if you can find any more.
  • Fixed Ice Tray to correctly save its recordings (it wasn’t working correctly before)
4 Likes

Hi Andrew,

I love Ice Tray, and found it runs perfectly fine for me although I do have quite a high spec PC (10 core i9, 5Ghz). I’m able to run 6 instances with quite a few things modulated and didn’t have any issues. I do have a few feature requests however. A CV input to clear the cubes would be useful, and also a CV input for the recording time (although I can vary that using Stoermelder’s Map module, so possibly not worth the effort). Looking forward to the Cheese Grater, please keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Ed

3 Likes

Just started trying out your Shifty module. It’s really well designed. Would really like to use the ShiftyExpander, but it doesn’t seem to be in the VCV library. Is there a Rack V2 module available for that? Thanks for the awesome work!!!

right-click the Shifty on the panel, there is an add expander option there at the bottom

1 Like

That’s odd. Is that do you can just get the individual Shifty module and still have the expander?

{
      "slug": "ShiftyExpander",
      "name": "ShiftyExpander",
      "hidden": true,
      "description": "",
      "manualUrl": "https://github.com/patheros/PathSetManuals/blob/main/modules/Shifty.md",
      "tags": []
    },

It’s hidden by default.

1 Like

is there a way to use ice tray so there isn’t a brief moment of silence in between loops or changes to the next cube? no matter how i patch it, theres always a brief moment of silence, is there way for them not to fade away and just cut or fade to the next one so theres a constant wall of sound. or am i missing something in its functionality?

Currently no. At 44.1KHz there is a 150ms fade in and fade out on each loop. I added this to prevent harsh clicks and loops. The duration is in number of samples so if you increase the sampling frequency the duration will be smaller.

Ice Tray was the second module I ever made, so I’ve definingly learned a lot since I’ve made it. If this is something you definingly want, we could discuss how this functionality could be added. If you’re familiar with github, making a feature request over there would be the best place: Issues · patheros/PathSetModules · GitHub

1 Like