Orca's Heart / Collection One is now available

Looks awesome. Cool ideas with feedback patching. Any (noncommitted) hints on whats possibly to come with the other 7 or so modules? :wink:

1 Like

once you start sequencing 8 voices, you realize that you might want to use different parameters for each - say, you could use 8 braids modules but with slightly different timbre/color, different volume / pan for each voice etc etc. the other modules (and that’s 10+ in addition to the 3 above) will be utility modules to make it easier to control 8 voltages you’d use to modulate such parameters.

formation, for instance, takes a single voltage and creates a swarm of related voltages where you control the spread, how they are distributed etc. so you could use a single LFO to control 8 parameters but have them still be slightly different from each other. other planned modules will rotate the 8 voltages or apply modulation to all 8 etc.

additionally, there will be modules to compliment orca’s heart itself - i had other ideas but didn’t want to make it into a huge module, so you’ll be able to essentially build a sequencer that has the features you need. one module will serve as a set of 8 mutes for polyphonic gates, another will be a set of 8 octave adders controlled by gates etc. also a dedicated expander that will allow capturing the complete state of orca’s heart as a preset that can be gate or voltage selected.

9 Likes

Wow synchronicity. I played with Orca’s Heart earlier for the first time in months. This v2 sounds perfect.

1 Like

Ui, some nice sounding demos you have there! I guess I have to try Orca’s Heart now :smiley:

1 Like

a little demo for formation and lines modules:

9 Likes

Wow - I finally tried the original Orca’s Heart, and I love the workflow and results.

I am eager to try out the new version and friends - it sounds really interesting!

4 Likes

beta versions are now available, i’ve started a new thread: Eightfold feat Orca's Heart v2 - beta available

i’ve created a new plugin for orca’s heart v2 called “eightfold” as there will be other modules to compliment orca’s heart, and the new version is sufficiently different from the old one, so it made sense to have a dedicated plugin for it. this means you can also continue using the old version if you prefer, or use them together.

here is what’s new/different in v2:

• the number of voices and modulation CV/gates increased from 4 to 8
  • polyphonic outputs
  • 16 scale presets
  • both scales can be selected at once, giving a 2 octave range scale
  • interface is easier to read when zoomed out
  • SPEED knob has improved response to allow for more precise control in lower range
  • max LENGTH increased from 32 to 64 steps
  • TRANSpose range increased to 6 octaves
  • SPACE parameter improved and sounds more musical
  • new VOICE parameter to control the number of voices
  • new SPREAD parameter - delay each voice for a “strum” effect
  • new ROTATE parameter - shift voice sequences against each other
  • new XMOD parameter - add internal cross modulation

the algorithm had some minor tweaks as well - this means if you use the same parameter values on OH and OH v2, you should get very similar sequences but they won’t match 1:1.

13 Likes

many thanks will try it

1 Like

this new version is fantastic :+1:
I like the new UI very much and
it performs here on Win 11 in VCV 2.4.1 very good.

thank you very much !!!

3 Likes