Open Sound Control Map

Hi to all.

Noob here developing a new module forked from MidiMap but trying to implement OSC signals instead of CC. Tried a couple of libraries but wasnt after found oscpack, which lead me to trowaSoft cvOSCcv that already does almost the same.

Ended up reusing a lot of code, the difference is that my module allow to map knobs and doesnt use “CV”.

You think it will be usefull? Or already exist something like this?

Saludos

2 Likes

thanks! yep it would be useful for TouchOSC for sure. Do you have any repo available on github or somewhere else to test? I don’t know much about OSC protocol but I’m interested in proper feedback to midi controller. In the case of midi we have Midi-CAT module from Stoermelder but I don’t know if that’s the same for OSC.

StoerMelder has explicitly stated he is not interested in doing anything with OSC.

Yes, this would be useful, I have been thinking about doing a similar thing myself but the involved GUI code work has made it unattractive for me to actually start doing it. :wink: (I suppose code from the VCV Fundamentals and StoerMelder could be repurposed, though…)

Would you consider doing a module with CV outputs too…? :slight_smile:

@VCVRackIdeas Repo updated to include this module. Also added a package compiled for windows. https://github.com/xnamahx/RackdeLirios/releases/tag/v0.1

The module is pretty basic right now, im using max4live to send values beetwen 0. and 1. I think TouchOSC will require some tweaks, a future enhancenment could be add some scale option to work with different ranges ie. 0-127.

@Xenakios Could you describe your request a little more, it seems to me that trowaSoft cvOSCcv already have CV outs.

As far as i know, the trowasoft module does not have osc learn, though, which makes it too inconvenient to use.

thanks. by default touchosc set for rotary control 0 to 1 values so I don’t know, is OSC can set some kind of decimals 0,1 - 0,75?

Ah sorry, I didn’t realize your module wasn’t intended to learn OSC messages either.

Well, that’s still something I am hoping will exist some day. It’s just too difficult to work without the OSC message learn feature.