Open Sound Control integration

Is there a VCV Rack 2 replacement for Trowasoft’s cvOSCcv? This has vanished from the Library.

Worst case, I’ll use either SuperCollider or Pure Data to get OSC and send MIDI but I really wanted better than 128 steps resolution :laughing: you know, since it’s not 1985 anymore.

hjh

1 Like

Only know of this one currently released for Rack2: VCV Library - TheModularMind OSCelot. Has an expander too.

Oh that’s good to know!

As one might imagine, searching a modular synth library for “OSC” turns up a lot of oscillators so this module wasn’t quite leaping out at me. Thanks for the tip!

hjh

1 Like

Or, use cvOSCcv… Release Initial v2 Conversion (pre-release) · j4s0n-c/trowaSoft-VCV · GitHub

Extract the downloaded zip. Copy that folder into Rack/plugins. Restart Rack.

1 Like

Oh, great to know this is being ported!

Are the build dependencies for Linux documented anywhere? My students will be fine with Mac/PC builds but I’ll have to build it for myself at this point, AFAICS.

hjh

Yes, the build dependencies for all 3 supported OS are pretty clear. Although If it’s a linux distro that doesn’t use the same package managers as the supported ones you have to dig a tinny bit. google “vcv build instructions”.

@jamshark70 - Just to note, I’ve successfully used OSC for messaging between VCV Rack and Pure Data, also between Rack and IRCAM’s OpenMusic. I used the trowaSoft cvOSCcv module, local build, worked perfectly. Definitely worth the effort if you have to compile it yourself.