Omri Cohen: Tutorial Videos

Oh ok, well, it’s actually possible to do also with the Phrase Sequencers. I did it a lot with the Turing Machine, recording a few sequences and playing with them, changing them, and so on. But I will have a look also at the write sequencers.

1 Like

Hi @kingofligers, the first part of this section explains it also, in case you want to see more on this:

To make your setup self contained, you could also connect a TwelveKey to the WriteSeq:

Have fun!

1 Like

I have to dig deeper into these sequencers…

1 Like

So this is a short video about the new updates of Foundry from Impromptu like the option to stop the song when it’s finished, syncing the change of a sequence, and more.

3 Likes

Hi Omri,

I havn’t seen all your videos yet and tried it out yet, but do you konw if there is anyway of use TouchOsc on iPad to control VCV?

Hi!

Well, trowaSoft have a module that does that, but it’s still not updated to 1.0 unfortunately…
https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#trowa

In the last update of the Geodesics collection, not only that we got 3 new modules, but Branes and Pulsars got some new nice features so in this video I go through these features and build 2 patches utilizing them.

4 Likes

@Omri_Cohen Hi Omri, it looks like the 1.02 update to NYSTHI changed the default behavior of Jooper’s “Select CV” functionality. I was watching the video last night and trying to reproduce the behavior, and even downloaded the patch and couldn’t get it working either. Turns out, by default, Jooper now selects scenes by voltages assigned to MIDI notes. The old Select CV behavior still exists but now has to be enabled in the menu.

So just a friendly suggestion: it may be helpful if you could add one of those pop-up text boxes to the Working with Scenes video to point out the change in behavior, or maybe just add something to the video’s comments. I was going nuts trying to figure this out because I was going step by step and getting different results. Kept rewinding, and watching again, and rewinding… :rofl:

Anyway, thanks for the great videos.

1 Like

Oh man, sorry, I was sure that I’ve added it to the comments because I was the one who suggested this behavior and forgot to update the description… I will update it right away! Thank you!

Ah, so it’s your fault! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No worries, sir. Thanks for everything you do!

1 Like

Cheers! :slight_smile:

A couple of weeks ago, a few of the modules from Erica Synths joined the VCV collection, and one of them is the Black Octasource, a very unique LFO with multiple phase outputs, different waveshapes, and other beautiful features. In this video, I go through all of its features and build a couple of patches utilizing them.

7 Likes

Hi dikTok, I just read your question to Omri Cohen about Touch OSC. Controlling VCV Rack with Touch OSC is actually quite easy. All you need is the Touch OSC Editor, of course the Touch OSC App and rtpMIDI by Tobias Erichsen : rtpMIDI | Tobias Erichsen. With rtpMIDI you connect your iPad to your PC via WLAN and in VCV Rack you have an appropriate connection which you can open with the new MIDI mapping module. The assignment of the individual parameters then works just like with any other MIDI controller. The photo shows a screenshot of a layout for the VCV Rack Console Mixer that I did some time ago and how the assignment of the addresses to the controls works in the editor. Of course there is no feedback from VCV Rack to Touch OSC. For this you would have to make a “PurrData” program, similar to the TrowaSoft sequencer in V0.6c. There is also no update of the position after a restart of Touch OSC. But otherwise it works fine.

1 Like

A few days ago, Vult introduced an upcoming new collection of commercial modules, the Vult Mysteries. For now, there are already 2 modules in this collection, but it’s still not released. This video is all about Quincunx, a very unique kind of module that is all about probability.
5 Likes

They’re on the Plugin Manager now.

1 Like

They’re out!
https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#vult%20mysteries

1 Like

Another noise model, this time with a nice crunchy sound. I’ve used the new sequencer from Count Modula, which is quite nice, and also Clouds for some texture, and Chronoblob2 for some movement.

4 Likes

A few days ago, Vult released a new collection of modules, the Vult Mysteries. For now, there are 2 modules in this collection, and in this video, we will explore Dopamine, a sort of a sequence recorder and mangler that can add lots of movement and variation to your patches.

5 Likes

Well, the time has finally come that I’ll make a video about this beautiful module, and what a better occasion than the new release for VCV 1.0

The Cosmic oscillator got a new look and it’s now called Cozmic (as in the CZ synth from Casio). In this video, I go through all of its features, and then I build a patch from scratch, utilizing some of those features.
10 Likes

This is a short video about Additive Synthesis in VCV Rack. I start with a short introduction of what is Additive Synthesis, and then I build a patch using a few oscillators that are directly connected to Additive Synthesis.
3 Likes